Subject Author Posted Replies

A bit naughty Bosch and unrelated DeWalt drill observations
Just looking more closely on the Li-On battery on the Bosch strimmer - thought it said 4 Ah. What it actually said it BIG was 4 AII and below that small was 1.2 Ah. The size kind of gave it away...
7
7

Wet room and waterproof window
I am converting my bathroom (upstairs) to a wet room and wondered about hav ing a internal window to let light in. This would have to be in the wet roo m area so shower proof and wondered if I could...
34
34

Using anti freeze in a domestic central heating system
Is it practical to put anti freeze in a domestic central heating system to stop the water freezing if the system is left switched off in the winter.
24
24

Petrol and Kerosene
Son-in-laws Toyota Avensis started to run badly lately. Garage reckoned he has got petrol mixed with kerosene in his tank. Apart from how this happene d (apparently there is recent history linking it...
84
84

Is this impending doom?
Desk top computer tower emanating strange noises. Whiny hum linked to hard drive while loading software. Cooling fan never cleaned and m/c normally left running, about 8 years now. How difficult is...
78
78

best fixing for this mantelpiece?
I'd be grateful for advice on fixing a mantelpiece to my chimney breast on top of 2cm thick brick slips. Beneath the slips there will be maybe 5mm of adhesive and then around 4cm of fire render, put...
2
2

Cutting cement board (waterproof plasterboard replacement)
What's the best way to cut the cement based waterproof board? (as used for showers) Also, what about drilling it for fixing?
10
10

OT: MOT certificate
Going to part exchange my car for a new one tomorrow morning. Just realised that I don't have the MOT certificate - must have misplaced it. Any idea if the dealership will insist on me producing it? I...
8
8

Exploiting integral garage
Have been looking at various houses with a view to moving sometime soon-ish. Some have integral garages. We are among the many who never use garages for cars but for doing things and storage. It looks...
16
16

(OT ?) Homeplug oddity
Due to the vagaries of brick walls, and WiFi, I use a Homeplug network in my house. The setup is Router (DHCP server) in Front room, Server in utility and (other side of the house) network media...
17
17

Solar lighting
I was looking at solar lighting web sites and on the "Curve Solar Motion Light" product page there are several questions from potential customers and answers from the site. I thought this one was...

small garden wall
As part of the new patio I am building a new wall 450mm high from ground le vel (plus 2 courses below ground, since I have dug out 150mm over the whole area anyway for 75mm MOT and 75mm slab +...

Loft insulation
Long delayed DIY project coming up - planning to insulate loft at ceiling level. But I've seen a couple of websites saying not to put insulation over electricity cables, and I have several cables up...
15
15

Draw opening stoppers
Any simple way of putting a "stopper" in a wooden drawer so that the drawer cannot pull right out when opened?
16
16

OT The apprentice now has a new healthier lifestyle
Or so he claims. He told me that he has quit smoking, joined a gym and no longer eats crap food. Well he might have joined a gym but he has not actually been yet because he is to tired to go after...
22
22