Subject Author Posted Replies

Fireproofing
I have a small digital safe pretty useless as far as security is concerned however I would like to use it as the base to make a small fireproof locker. There wont be anything of real value in it, just...
8
8

domestic electrical - using storage heater cable runs after heaters removed
Have removed 3 x T&E connections from the Off-peak CU as we are scrapping the old Storage Heaters it fed. (That CU is not sealed - only the meter/clock feeding it). I just wondered if it would be...
12
12

Velcro Sanding Sheets
I have a B&D mouse sander with profile attachments. It has occurred to me that a good way to get the right size sanding sheets would be to cut them out myself. I can of course buy the largest velcro...
3
3

3/4" Ball Valve connection - female BSP coupler or tap connector?
Just bought a 3/4" ball valve from B&Q and note the instructions say to use a tap connector. The original (and my several year old replacement) used a female BSP coupler. Is there any advantage to...
3
3

Cleaning curtain hooks
Took down some curtains yesterday, and noticed the plastic hooks were a little grubby, as were the plastic brackets attaching the rail to the wall. Removed the lot and cleaned the real, but the hooks...
27
27

Growing moss etc on galvanized fence
We are having to install a new security fencing around our allotment. Its very bright shiny galvanized finish is a bit overpowering. Is there any way to encourage moss etc to grow on it to get it to...
19
19

Keeping the lights on
Sounds like National Grid are having sensible talks behind the scenes to give the finger to the LCPD this Winter and fire-up the "hours expired" coal stations if needed ...
24
24

FYI Saxton Blades offer
FYI Offer on Fein/Bosch multi tool blades; No connection etc. Saxton Blades

D-Line trunkling
Anyone recall if you can get 2 Cat5e cables in one run of 16mm D-Line trunking?
3
3

Looking for olde fashionede reinforcing sheet material
Hi all I'm looking to source a sheet of a material with a certain set of properties. I used to see this kind of stuff years ago as reinforcement for the sides of bicycle panniers, maybe the back of...
16
16

Something soft to repair on
I'm racking my brains to come up with a name of a product that can be used to protect laptops / tablets from scratches while being stripped for repairs. I have an anti-static mat that protects...
17
17

Homeplug oddity - update
Yesterday, the troublesome homeplug packed up - no lights at all, dead as a dodo. It seems reasonable to assume the "phantom" homeplug network issue was a symptom of impending failure. At least I...
1
1

Replacing a central heating pump
I need to replace our ailing CH pump, a Grundfos UPS 15-50. The CH system is a straightforward Y-plan set-up in a 4 bed house, with TRVs. Grundfos literature recommends either their Alpha 2L 15-50 or...
5
5

Modem/router without WiFi?
My ISP supplies me with a modem/router without WiFi, and I would like to acquire one for another site; but there do not seem to be any available, at least at Amazon. I know one can turn off WiFi on...
10
10

Kitchen Cupbords
Hi chaps, i need some new kitchen cupboard doors, my old ones (2 years old!) have swollen at the bottom (where drips of water splashed on the doors have run down and hung off the bottom and then...
39
39