Subject Author Posted Replies

Scaffold tower around structure
Hi I need to get access above a structure. I have a scaffold tower (the type with long sections and short sections you push on top of each other). Ideally I would have the first 2 or 3 layers in a U...
6
6

The twyfords deluge adamant
saw one of these at the Victorian toilets at Rothesay Pier today...impressive??1 This is my most recent toilet that I’ve added to my collection, purchased a few weeks ago from the local auction...
14
14

Now I understand
Jim sent a message earlier, with just some values in, which made no sense to me at all.. I've just received an email from BG with the very same figures.. It was the discount we will each receive on...
4
4

Wired media keyboard
Looks like my Logitech G-810 keyboard might be about to fail. I am getting increasing problems with the space bar - either no space, or a double space. :-( It is a gaming keyboard,(1) and is otherwise...
31
31

Trailer lights wiring issue
Hi All I have an old trailer and the light board has been giving me some issues. The latest one is that the brake light comes on but very dim despite having over 11v (can't recall the exact amount but...
12
12

Mobile Phone Techy Question
I set up a new mobile yesterday, my emergency 'phone in case I break my leg while walking the dog. One of the options on it is something to do with emergency/service calls (sod's law, can't find it...
9
9

washing machines
We bought two identical washing machines a couple of years ago one for the house and one for the static caravan......the bearings of the one in the house were getting a bit noisey so I thought I would...
43
43

Boiler Recommendation
I installed NuHeat underfloor heating on both floors. Been in and working well for 18years However the Baxi Barcelona boiler is proving very unreliable, now at the point when it fails it's hard work...
16
16

doesn't add up
27 July 2022 D/D SCOTTISH GAS - £51.73 How am I going to survive with only this money back....tee hee ... October 2022 £66 November 2022 £66 December 2022 £67 January 2023 £67 February 2023 £67...
9
9

Cam locks
I purchased a couple of bags of cam locks and their pillars intending to employ them in a bookcase unit I am about to build. The shelves span 1.2Metres and books are heavy. The shelves and uprights...
7
7

oul Basement During Floods
‘We Couldn’t Do Anything’: Family Drowns in Seoul Basement During Floods By Choe Sang-Hun, Aug. 10, 2022, NY Times In Seoul, a city where sky-high housing prices are one of the biggest political...

Another parasitic newsgroup website
Like HOH, but seemingly an old newsgroup feed: I'm not sure this one gateways posts back to the newsgroup, they just go off in their own little world: UK DIY | DIY Forums UK DIY | DIY Forums I don't...
4
4

Dell display gone bad
Well this should be interesting. Purchased a Dell U2518D display in Jan 2020 from Amazon, today it appears it's developed a column of pixels with blue stuck on. Most visible when the display is black...
19
19

One for the electricians
Ok. So the circular fluorescent in my bathroom is reaching end of life. Fortunately, on a shelf, I have an identical plug in tube. So why doesn't the new one work? No separate starter or obvious choke...
19
19

OT: Unthinking greens on the greens
Seems as if some climate activists think they have scored a victory by filling the holes with cement on the greens on courses in France: of "green" thinkers is how little they have thought this action...
15
15