Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal panel roofing
A few months back, we had the roof on an outbuilding replaced. Off came the old asbestos cement corrugated panels, on went metal corrugated panels. Looked to be a nice easy job, to the level that I...
8
8

Dremel's $1000 2D printer
I see that Dremel have announced a $1,000 3D printer: I've been wondering when 3D printing will start to become mainstream for a few years now. Not sure if this is cheap enough or good enough yet...
9
9

Making a 150C oven
I've a piece of corian I want to use for a bathroom window cill - it came from a collection of off-cuts I got some time ago. Unfortunately the 650mm length (the width is ~150mm) has a bow of about...
11
11

OT Auto boxes and engine revs
Hi, Have a loan auto version of my own car whilst that is having lots of money spent on repairs. Not really driven many autos in the past and never the same make/model/engine. What does an auto box,...
35
35

Bat in the bedroom...........
......... no, not th Mrs! Just drifting off to sleep last night when I heard this fluttering sound in the bedroom. A moth I thought, so turned the light on to investigate but couldn't see anything....
21
21

OT Daytime TV
I've had a couple of weeks off from my job to do some real work on my house. While taking my coffee breaks I've been watching some day-time TV. What a load of c**p. Are most day-time programmes voiced...
44
44

'Smoked' Salmond on toast
And Sturgeon for later. It must be the smell of fish
90
90

Asbestos test?
I had intended to remove the 1970s stippled paint coating on the ceilings of my house and since there are warnings on the web about possible asbestos content, I asked this group about safety...
12
12

Honeywell 2 port valve heads
As a keen home woodworker, I'm experimenting with home made motorised blast gates for a dust connection system and am looking for some of the above as actuators. Any of you handyman/ plumber types...
6
6

Buying a TV. Help required!
I am in the market for a new TV. I have a mains socket and an aerial socket installed in the wall at the proposed height of the TV. The idea being to have no wires showing. Now the bit I don't know is...
31
31

OT:225Mb !!!!
Got a new laptop, and have gone to (re)install the HP software for my wireless scanner printer. The full package is 225Mb !!!!! wtf is that needed for ????
22
22

DSLAM cabinet
Received a letter from the local authority this morning, regarding a planning application. Openreach want to install a large green DSLAM cabinet on the pavement outside my garden wall. I read that to...
20
20

American view on German renewable energy transformation
I don't know the credentials/bias of the author but this is an interesting insight on what the Americans are being told about German renewable power, and how the technology might affect life closer to...
10
10

OT: Online Ham Radio Auction
In case anyone is interested. Ham Radio Auctions, Vintage Audio, Tube Radio Online Auctions, Vintage Electronics, Antique Radios

OT - The Shetlands
According to the Torygraph, should the Shetland vote be No, they may be looking at separating from Jockland themselves. As we know, Shetland can lay claim to a lot of the oil. That should give Salmon...
23
23