Subject Author Posted Replies

Moisture meters
Has anyone any views about cheap moisture meters eg the ones for under 10 quid on ebay or the ones recently sold by Aldi? I would like to be able to poke something at a normal plastered house wall to...
23
23

OT Climate change
A link a few people here need to read. The ones with their heads up their arses. Rockafellers are one of the biggest invetors in fossil fuel. Heirs to Standard Oil fortune join campaign that will...
6
6

OT Some good news on nuclear power
It seems the anti-nuclear lobby have lost this round: Plans to build a new nuclear power plant at Hinkley Point in Somerset are recommended for approval following a European Commission investigation.
13
13

Mouse springs trap... and escapes
Following on from the 'Bat in the Bedroom' thread, we have a Mouse in the Bedroom problem here. The little bugger has taken up residence in my son's bedroom and keeps him awake at night scuttling...
35
35

washing machine outlet overflowing
Hi All been asked to help out with the M-I-Ls washing machine. Original problem was that a corner of the floor seemed to be getting damp. A man had been called (British Gas support, aargh) who seemed...
39
39

Pruning
In a moment of good luck, I purchased these for her to use. She finds them a bit heavy, but they have performed excellently for the last week. The blade is very sharp. The recharge time seems very...
10
10

Tiling over Tiles
A freind has has a bathroom done up by a friend in the trade and the friend has tiled over the existing tiles. Perhaps trying to save repairing damage to the plasterboard. To me it seems a bodge - but...
4
4

welding forum?
There is a very knowledgeable web forum especially on welding and welders, but I can't remember the name or its URL. Anyone able to help me out please?
5
5

[OT} Electricity usage
If you read instead on the last day of the month, the graph (and pivot table, if you get that far) will be labelled with the right month. ;-) Chris
141
141

Water Hammer query from the other week.
My query over 30m of 20mm water pipe and a solenoid valve with regards to water hammer has been found not to exist. It seems that the solenoid valve I have isn't "direct drive" so it opens and closes...

What to do with a bulge in a door frame
Doing some painting has revealed that some doors fit their frames a bit too tightly. Although many frames are not square etc, who would have thought a few layers of paint could make so much...
14
14

Using old tile adhesive that looks OK?
I'm tiling an area that is more or less the inside of a bathroom cupboard. I don't want it to look much rougher than a bear's arse, but it doesn't have to look great. I bought a box of tiles & a small...
8
8

Bloody useful site for the Engineer/Electrical bods
Some damn useful calculators on this site.... No association just that I found the place useful Calculators Index - Daycounter

OT Wanker
Matthew Lockett from Marple was the first into the Apple store in Manchester's Arndale Centre after queueing since 2pm yesterday
9
9

Buying new consumer unit
Hi all. My house is a bog std 3 bed mid terrace. I currently have a 5 slot wylex box that needs upgrading. Is a '10 way dual rcd' the way to go? Thanks. Arthur
18
18