Subject Author Posted Replies

Worktop / wall trim
I'm after around 5 metres of the style of trim illustrated below. I've found a couple of examples online, one in the UK and one on the continent, who I emailed to see if there was a UK stockist but...
1
1

What are these (electrical)?
Switchfuses? Switches? Probably installed around 1961. The questionmark items are the white box far left, and the 2 black boxes left above the old black fusebox at the bottom. Dog's dinner isnt it. NT
31
31

HDMI cables What's the difference between...
A ?2 lead 'v' ?52 lead. If they work on a digital signal, to my thinking either they work or they don't, I can't think of how they'd be different. Are they? mark
75
75

Sockets in skirting?
I'm about to board some walls and wondering about sockets. It seems perfectly logical to mount them in a tall skirting, I can do them at a point in the future rather than anticipating their position...
42
42

Aldi stud detectors and lath and plaster
I see Aldi have a stud detector listed for a tenner tomorrow (Sunday). Has anyone tried one of these for lath and plaster (which is typically thicker than PB)? I'm in the market for one and was just...
5
5

Name for "those" bits
What it the name that ebay likes for those sidecutting drill bits used in the newfangled router like machines sold as saws that plunge cut then proceed to cut sideways
7
7

OT - BT testing 800Mbps broadband
BT has conducted field trials that show it can deliver broadband download speeds of nearly 800Mbps using fiber and copper, a company announcement said yesterday. The technology delivers data over...
69
69

More bash problems after the fix?
Red Hat Customer Portal - Access to 24x7 support and knowledge

car losing water - holts wonderweld ?
Well, radweld plus did not stop my 206 gti's water loss. One more thing to try - Wonderweld. It can repair some engine block / head gasket problems. T he car is 14 years old and if it needed a head...
31
31

USB endoscopes
I'm pretty sure one of my chimneys doesn't have a liner. I thought I could check using one of these USB endoscope thingies: However, they all seem to have floppy cables and I want to be able to shove...
13
13

Repairing leather seats.
Both front seats on the old Rover have got splits in the leather. I've had a couple of quotes to have them sorted, and they seem pretty high to me. It's not a difficult job to remove the cover. It...
11
11

replacing the sealed unit glazing in a trifold door
Somewhat carelessly, I smashed the outer glass in a sealed DG pane in our wooden trifold doors. The manufacturer does not seem keen to respond with a price to replace it so I am wondering about doing...
4
4

Wirquin Jollyflush
I noticed my cistern is passing a bit af water into the bowl all the time. I took the flush mechanism out to check it over and it all seems in good order except that the sealing washer/diaphram has a...
16
16

"Heated skirting boards" - any experience
Further to my previous query about microbore, here's a related one... There is only one realistic position for the living room radiator - below the window - and SWMBO has warned me that in the newly...
15
15

10mm or 15mm tube for CH?
I'n currently refurbishing the living room, which will include replacing the knackered old radiator. The rad has underperformed ever since we've been in the house (18 years ago); it was originally...
9
9