Subject Author Posted Replies

Tumble driers Gas or Heat pump?
Looks like the next "addition" to chateaux D-I-Y is a washing machine and a tumble drier... I normally do the washing at work but a new rental "lodge" means we need something more convenient to...
1
1

Noisy radiator
A bathroom radiator has recently developed a vibrating noise,which seems to have developed since it was removed and then replaced. The noise at first sounds like a hammer drill into brickwork, and...
33
33

Re: Don't Smoking and Discarded Cigarette Butts
Its some idiot who keeps posting adverts for Ash trays. I think he needs to find a new product line if he is on the level, not to mention a marketing expert of course. I suggest he turns his hand to...

21st century problem
How do you adjust the speed on your turntable now that lights no longer flicker at 50Hz? -- Richard
62
62

stove problems
My mother has a couple of solid fuel stoves in her house. One is only used infrequently. How important is it to fit a weather guard of some kind to th e pot? The other is lit most days over the...
10
10

Trailer suspension make?
Hi all, Thinking out loud / long shot again but ... many of you guys have 'been round' I was wondering if anyone has seen this (trailer, in this case) suspension setup before? The guy up at the...
6
6

Wanted Heat Pump Engineer in Cumbria
might know of somebody in her area who have a vague clue about her pump...
4
4

DeWalt tools - useless literature
Well maybe useless is too strong a word, but for these quality tools it is rather pathetic to see the instruction manual is nothing but a collection of WARNINGS, CAUTIONS DO'e and DON'Ts. Good grief,...
12
12

When (i.e.which edition of regs) did RCD protection start?
I'm trying to guestimate how long ago the consumer unit at my daughter's house was installed. It's a Crabtree Starbreaker (which if course is a brand/model that has been around and changed a lot over...
6
6

USA domestic power supplies
I'm being asked to supply a high power electrical device to run on a US domestic supply. Ideally I'd want 240v input (120v is too low) In some place on the web I read about 120/208v being available -...
41
41

Berlin Server
I believe that quite a number of people here access Usenet through the Berlin server. In recent days, it appears that posts are often coming through in big batches, then nothing for half an hour, and...
5
5

Waterproofing shiplap on dormer windows
We have a house with lots of shiplap dormers and also a garage with a games room above that has two similar dormer windows. The ones on the house are quite waterproof but the ones on the garage...
2
2

Fitting an in wall shower hose connector
Hi All, We are renovating our bathroom and have gone for one of those designs where all the plumbing is "in the wall". I am now in the final stage and need t o fit the chrome outlet to which the...
4
4

Trimming bottom of door
I have an oak door some 2.25" thick and 36" wide that needs about 5mm taken off the bottom. Is there a suitable tool that I can use without taking the door off? Peter
17
17

And you've been burning them ?
Or eBay ref no 251670679631 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pallet-Wall-Reclaimed-Wood-Rustic-Timber-Wall-Feature-Supplied-Fitted-/251670679631?pt=UK_Bedroom_Furniture&hash=item3a98bdd04f...