Subject Author Posted Replies

Finding a squeak in the printer
I have an hp 1020 laser printer here, and since I replaced the toner drum assembly it has started to make a kind of squeak/rubbing noise. Its working OK but you can hear that the motor is under...

Gridwatch "excellent" - see Guardian
OK - so it was in a comment... :-) "One shutdown you didn't mention was Dungeness B about a year ago which was shut down by the St Jude's day storm. I remember seeing the electricity supply from...
11
11

CDA Extractor ECP92SS {Curved Hood)
Both lamps failed. No power from switch. All Fan switches operate OK so suspect lamp switch. Anyone any experience in accessing and reparing the PCB ? Would appreciate guidance if possible. Rob

TOT Printer
I have a HP C7180 printer with an empty orange cartridge. When this happens HP kindly stop all printing until you replace the cartridge. You can't even just print in black, I tried all the tricks I...
33
33

Cabling in low density chipboard walls (1970s?)
Can anyone help on running services down through these walls? Are there conduit spaces? I cannot see an open end of the partition walls to find out what is inside them and the attic has eave to eave...
2
2

DIY at Aldi
More DIY 'stuff' this coming Thursday. No angle grinders, but drill bits and an arc welder among others. Shop for Baby, DIY, Kitchen, Cycling, Sports, Tvs, Home & Garden online.
10
10

Garage roller shutter door
Sons had a alutech electric roller shutter door installed. The fitters disappeared after being paid. The door can be pulled up about 3'. Any one know of any fitting instructions or knowledge of the...
3
3

PEX not all inserts are created equal it seems
I'm a 1st time user of pex tubing for heating and got some inserts from 2 different suppliers (oooh don't ask why). They sent these. Is there a reason for the O rings on one - or are they just better...
4
4

Re: B&Q spends ?60m on relaunched website
And thus give them gold-plated contact details for marketeers ... Of course B&Q would prefer *regular* purchases ... the medway handyman for all those little jobs that need to be done...
2
2

Garden fork recommendation?
We need a fork to use on the borders in the garden so I went for as the pack was £5 cheaper than the fork alone. Mistake. One of the tines on the fork bent at a silly angle the first time I used it...
12
12

Brad point drills from Wilkinson (Wilko)
I bought two 8mm ones last week and started to use them yesterday with my dowelling jig They were, of course, cheap. But totally useless. One was slightly "warped", i.e. it didn't rotate true. And...
24
24

Tuesday
Early meeting on Wednesday I've been called in at 10AM with the new Acting HoD - cannot turn that down. I am staying in TA Tuesday night otherwise it will just get really painful. Why don't you just...
15
15

Get them nukes steamed up...
Looks like Didcot B Power Station might not be producing much electricity for a while: A major fire has broken out at Didcot B Power Station, Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue has said. Twenty fire...
4
4

OT Major fire at Didcot B
In one of the cooling towers, apparently. Depending on how it affects the power station's performance, it could tip us closer to 'lights out' over the coming winter. (How can a cooling tower catch...
30
30

OT: getting a TP-Link WA701ND to connect to a Homehub5
I've successfully used this WA701ND as a bridge to my printers with a Homehub2 for several years. I've just changed to a homehub5 and, despite setting the homehub SSID and code to the same as before,...
1
1