Subject Author Posted Replies

12" chicago sliding mitre saw dust collection part 2
Well, I purchased a Nuvac input hose to connect the outlet chute from the saw to the vacuum cleaner. By a stroke of luck, I found that the Nuvac hose internal connections were designed to mate with...
1
1

poppies
Seems the Tower of London poppies are to be destroyed after all.....by handing them over to Yodel for delivery!
6
6

Mains Christmas Light Regulations
I wonder, are there electical regulations applying to installing Christmas Tree lights outdoors. No problem with low voltage ones with a transformer, but the heavy duty connectable light strings run...
23
23

Car parts FYI
Needed a nearside mirror for the Kangoo van. Called a few local scrappies with no joy. Tried these people Very impressed, part on order within 15 mins at a good price.
4
4

UMAX
I recently came across (while looking for something else) a product called UMAX, which is an additive for the water in a central heating system that i s said to "change the way water boils, making the...
18
18

Bosch dishwasher filling problem
My mother's old Bosch is playing up. On a normal wash it just doesn't seem to take on board enough water. If you chuck extra water in it seems to work fine but otherwise you can hear the pump running...
59
59

connecting mains outdoors
Any suggestions for connecting mains outdoors and ensuring it is waterproof? I have purchased a new flood light and it come with a cable about 9 inches in length and I need to connect it to the...
3
3

EDF to restart all reactors after safety tests show no problems
Remember the dire warnings that all UK reactors were going to be shut down? well the answer is of course some were, but only the reactor that prompted the safety review will stay down for now. The...
2
2

12" chicago sliding mitre saw dust collection part 1
After finding that a sliding mitre saw throws dust everywhere, I needed to find a better system than either a useless collecting bag or an inadequate pick up from a collecting vacuum. Looking at the...
2
2

Buying Netting
Am putting up a fruit cage 8ft long x 6ft wide x 6ft high, for someone at their allotment. And I'm confronted by a bewildering array of different types of netting available. Also confusingly, I've...
10
10

stuffs for sell (what will make you high)
we are selling below stuffs and delivery is safe and fast *Afghan Kush Grade:::::::A+ *Green Crack Grade::::::::AA Skywalker OG Kush Grade::::::::A+ *sour Diesel Grade::::::::A+ Top Shelf *Grand Daddy...

Where to buy/what to call sleeves on car battery terminals?
I need a couple of those little lead (?) sleeves that fit on a car bettery with smaller than standard terminal posts so that standard size clamp on terminals can be used. I've tried searching for 'car...
5
5

H&S risk assessment - use your head ;-)
The bike is called Bajaj Pulsar 150cc and it weighs 144 kg or 317 lbs if you're a Yank. AMAZING! Indian man balances motorcycle on head to climb a ladder and get it to the top of a bus. Indian guy...
3
3

central heating installed and working but <mild rant>
yes I did some of the diy myself - a few rads etc etc. Then the pros came in and did the real install inc. the boiler. When it was all done (and working fine) I found:- Inside the boiler gubbins was...
1
1

Ledgends of DIY #2: Reg Prescott
Ok, we've done Barry Bucknell. Younger enthusiasts of our hobby may not have known about Barry, but they may remember this other somewhat accident-prone DIYer and his escapades:
14
14