Subject Author Posted Replies

Securing up and over garage doors
Someone broke into my lock up an Saturday night and stole a couple of BMXs. I've had it almost 3 years and this is the first sniff of bother so doing better than expected. They basically made a hole...
12
12

Repair broken brick
What's the best way to repair a broken housebrick? Have one in the corner of a wall that's snapped in two (it's a long story), but it's obstructed at both the side and the front so simply chipping it...
6
6

Broadband query
I upgraded to BT Infinity some time ago. When the openreach engineer turned up to do the necessary my house was a building site and I had my computer installed temporarily in the kitchen where the...
70
70

Homeplug limitations
Hello, In my home I use a pair of TP LINK "Homeplugs" to convey ethernet to a bedroom. I have 3 ring circuits: A; B and C The Homeplugs can happily connect between A and B and also between B and C But...
14
14

Washing machine hose leak
I've just noticed the sodden wet chipboard flooring under the cupboard in the utility room next to the washing machine. A first look found a leaking waste pipe from the sink but after sealing that the...
6
6

Plumbing Issue
Hi Hope someone can help, I live in a mid terrace and my kitchen and toilet ba cks on to my neighbours. We also share a mains water feed which has a stop cock in the street outside. My problem is I...
6
6

HDMI to SCART
My Father has just bought himself a YouView box ... which has HDMI output. His TV (non HD Panasonic Plasma) does not have HDMI ... has SCART and component video He has seen HDMI to SCART adapter leads...
6
6

TOT Gardening Chris Hog
I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being supported by canes. I have planted some spring...
12
12

OT: Losing internet connection
A bit strange... All lights on the modem are as they should (i.e. green, and on/not flashing), but on 3-4 occasions this week my connection suddenly died (usually overnight, but also during the day)....
11
11

Re-cycling compactor
Temporarily in charge of the recycling boxes and struggling to fit 2 weeks worth of plastic containers into one box, I was reminded of an earlier thread about getting more into a standard wheelie bin....
37
37

Sky question
If I were to cancel Sky completely, would I still be able to receive all the Free to Air channels on the Sky HD box? I would assume that Sky would have no right to prevent me watching them or can they...
27
27

Dummy AA battery?
Since Lithium Ions are double the voltage, is there such a thing as a "dummy AA" battery which I could use along with a Lithium to give the same voltage in a 2xAA piece of equipment?
90
90

Firedoor question, hinges
Its a HMO,all the doors have closers and are FD30 doors. While replacing painted up combined seals ,noticed some hinges are just ste el butt hinges, and some are grade7 hinges.Even though weight wise...

Load bearing question
We had a kid like that. She was a problem in cold weather because if she got cold (and it happened quickly) she became very peculiar indeed. A hot drink and a duvet fixed her quick though. She's grown...
21
21

Loose floor tiles
Since we've had the house, I've been aware that the ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor were neither the best quality nor very well fixed, as one or two sounded a bit hollow when tapped. No problem, as...
7
7