Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Trees
amazing trees | Dusky's Wonders
11

OT Soldiers kit, past 1000 years.
13 Complete Soldier's Kits From The Armies Of 1066 Until 2014. Wow.

Pain in the Butt Microsoft
Had a series of power off failures and failure to boot on one of my Win 7 PCs - and in an elimination exercise exchanged hard drives with another less important one. Both legitimate licenced copies....
89
89

Apex Hole in the wall gas fire
About 4 years ago we bought a Apex Liberty 6 hole in the wall gas fire. from an on-line retailer that has ceased trading. The fire has a remote control. Attempting to start the fire gives a series of...
2
2

Floating earth
Job today installing a little wall mounted audio amp in the boardroom of a factory. Turned on, got loads of hum when the input cable is in which I put down to the crappy leads the gaffer buys (the...
21
21

Engineered Flooring
Aaargh, another problem with the job my eldest is expecting me to manage while he works away to earn the money to pay the craftsmen brought in as he discovers that diy takes effort. He has decided on...
7
7

OT Gridwatch
High demand, 100MW of open cycle gas on the grid, lots of wind and most of the nukes online (Dungeness B tripped yet again) and importing to capacity. Must be pretty close to the limit of what's...
7
7

Don't
clean a toilet bowl with a pressure washer. Bill
20
20

Quick question - Celotex joist clips
Just about to install some under floor insulation. Having read about the joist clips I've started Googling them. From the pictures, it appears that you are supposed to press them into the top side of...

OT: How noisy are food mixers?
Potentially a "how long is a piece of string" question but... SWMBO has a new Kenwood-style (but not Kenwood) food mixer. Out of the box and without being under load, it sounds bloody loud to both of...
7
7

TOT - Web pages design question
I've got a web site (anti wind turbine) which consists of 5 pages with a standard header with navigation buttons across the top. When a button is clicked the appropriate page is loaded, complete with...
65
65

Planer thicknesser
Any recommendations for a planer thicknesser? I have been looking for a unit which is reasonably portable or luggable. The Woodstar PT85 has a good spec for my needs and at about ?250 is affordable...
3
3

Cutting a doorway
One of my endless future proects is to move an internal doorway from one wall into another and to avoid making a mahoosive mess I really want to avoid breaking out the 9" angle grinder. It's 1909...
23
23

Samsung VP-D230 digital cam help
Ok not the correct forum but I have tried google and a Samsung forum bu no replies so thought maybe someone here has the same model. I have been given the above camera and although an old model is...
9
9

Cleaning toilets with old battery acid
Is it a good idea to clean toilets with old battery acid? Or could this damage the china etc? [George]
19
19