Subject Author Posted Replies

Neff induction hob
OK - we got this fitted yesterday. Now: the instructions indicate a method to alter the default setting the hob has for limiting the input current. You can supposedly configure it to limit that to 13,...
2
2

Bathroom Extractor Fan
Are there any rules (legal and practical) that govern the location of bathroom extractor fans? Reason I ask is that my bathroom has an existing hole about 1.5m from the floor. Presumably where a...
8
8

Peltier Coolers
Need a couple of chunky peltier coolers, one around 120 W another above 60 W. Recommended are 12709 and 12710, plenty of suppliers on Amazon/eBay but they all seem to be Far East based. CPC etc have...
17
17

isolation switch
Should an extractor fan in a kitchen be fitted with an isolation switch? I've come across one which seems to be wired dirwetly from the power ring main. I'm unhappy.
24
24

3 phase heater RCD tripping
... and the rest are lying about it.
13
13

powered backdraught damper
Just fitted the bathroom extractor - vent in ceiling, fan in loft, with a h umidistat and all is good. I have two backdraught dampers, a gravity one in the vertical section and a sprung one in the...
5
5

Car headlamp bulb
Standard Replacement 3 Pronged Car Headlight Halogen H4 Bulb 12V 60 / 55 Watt Anyone know if this is a `dual` dipped / main beam bulb or should I look for a dipped only. thanks
64
64

Safety camera partnership
Don't expect that to change anytime soon. The (ex police) instructor on my speed awareness course responded to one of my fellow attendees who complained about that this that the reason they do it is...
117
117

A bit OT ! Xmas tree and lemonade
So am I gullible in believing the Xmas tree seller that I should put lemonade in the cup of the tree holder and keep it topped up ? Is the guy relieving the boredom of the day by sending us all away...
6
6

Reusing old and damaged cans of foam and cleaner ???
I have quite a few old and damaged cans of foam, some are years out of date and dont flow into the guns, some have the tops damaged. If I pierce one with a nail then i could maybe use some of the foam...
5
5

Easy colour match
From local Freegle group:- "...... need 2 pairs of matching curtains. Walls painted Mongolia, .."
4
4

Sealing chipboard
Hi all, Would it be ok to seal chipboard with PVA and if so, at what ratio to water, number of coats etc? This is piece will be going under a WC, btw. cheers, cd.
6
6

Emerging technologies.
List of emerging technologies. I expect the really interesting stuff is hidden/secret. List of emerging technologies - Wikipedia
15
15

after twenty years of sunshine
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141216_142325.jpg
4
4

TOT - Do you want fries with that?
It seems some people will be disappointed if they do: McDonald's in Japan said Tuesday it is having to ration french fries, despite having airlifted in more than 1,000 tonnes of potatoes, as eateries...
4
4