Subject Author Posted Replies

News to warm the hearts of most UK.D-I-Yers...
I'm sure most here will be cheered by arch parcel basher's City Link having gone phut: Sad for the drivers, natch - IME /some/ of then were very good. Parcel delivery company City Link, which employs...
76
76

I need one girl friend
I am your missing boy so who who miss me and who who love me

3D Printing
I am currently assembling an Ormerod 2 3D printer at work. It's a fun project - we are not launching into 3D printing services. Not yet... :-) About three-quarters of the way through the basic...
56
56

Shower unit
I need a replacement 'cold feed only' electric shower to go over the bath. The last two similar Redring units have dripped inside the cabinet since the guarantee ran out. (I got the second because I...
9
9

OT; Seasons greetings
Happy Solstice, may 2015 be all you wish it to be.
40
40

OT - light "spillage" from proposed nearby football floodlights
Folks, I live in a sheltered housing development directly adjacent to the village's football club. So far, we've got along just fine with the club and its players and we'd like that to continue....
13
13

Another Top Tip
When finishing a washing machine repair, do put the belt back on _before_ reinstalling it. Its so much quicker. Just a thought, not something I've ever been so silly as to do. NT
15
15

wickes 'sale' started.....
' Wickes Sale is now on!' Til 12th jan. Incl power tools:- Peruse or revile at your own pleasure. Jim K Buy great products from our Products Category online at Wickes.co.uk. We supply trade quality...
2
2

Vacuum cleaners
I am in the market for a new vacuum cleaner I never realised just how many models there are. Choosing the best is problematical. I have a Dyson, not well pleased, the tools are like toys, the cost of...
35
35

Gift returns ;-)
on topic , involves DIY, moleskin trousers not popular gift For twenty-five years, two brothers-in-law traded the same pants back and forth between them as a Christmas gift, each time finding more...
2
2

OT: LED versus sodium street lamps
I was driving through the suburbs of Sheffield last night- a city that is c urrently in the process of changing its street lamps from sodium/orange col oured illumination to bright white LED. Having a...
28
28

Absolute rip-off crude oil derivatives
Its not - at least not for domestic use. There are plenty of substitutes on the market though like creocote wich look and smell near enough like the real thing that most people don't spot the...
104
104

EU lamps
So, all halogen lamps are due to be banned in 2016 as part of the EU's long schedule to move to energy efficient lamps. A lot of the original push for this came from the EU lighting industry which was...
57
57

Water flow
Just back from being away for two weeks and thought my water pressure was a bit low. I phoned the waterboard in case there was some known problem. Thy said no. I realise now that the cold is okay but...
12
12

Concrete vs. Postcrete
Hi all, If I want to set a new wooden post into the ground, what's the difference (FFS)?
33
33