Subject Author Posted Replies

Floor tiles
I want to remove some floor tiles in my bathroom that are laid right up to a wall which is also tiled - there's no skirting board. Here's a picture: However I'm worried about damaging the wall tiles...
8
8

Fun and games in the workshop
Rather than go for a big furniture project this Christmas, I though I would try something a bit more dainty... How I got on: (the usual wiki warnings apply - first draft, not read it yet, and probably...
10
10

Innards of a Vacuum Cleaner
Does anyone know how to get access to the entrails of ProAction Model no: C J032DH-160 vacuum cleaner, possibly obtained from Argos, without breaking a nything irretrievably ? The symptom is that it...
3
3

sipgate - anyone use it? Getting a lot of Network Busy errors
Seems to be very unreliable of late - using both a Siemens Gigaset N300 and Zoiper on Android. Dialling certain numbers fails with "Network Busy" and others on the same exchange code dial just fine......
7
7

Network/IT cabinet for hall - random idea bounce
Looking for something in the format of a kitchen wall cabinet, about 1.2-1.4m wide, 0.6m tall and 0.4m deep Needs to be able to accept 19" rackmount on one half, shelves on the other half....
8
8

TOT; Question
If someone is run over crossing the road, their fault, they walked out in front of a car & were killed instantly. Nothing suspicious, just an accident. What would happen to their personal stuff like...
11
11

Auto-sleep modems
European Union rules will oblige new networked devices such as modems and internet-connected televisions to switch themselves off when not in use. Going to be plenty of work for non-repair men...
51
51

OT What the EUSSR did last year.
Think the EU is perfect? Well...
1
1

OT Magic tricks.
Don't see how thisis done except by video editing? Hans Klok enchaine 15 effets de magie en 5 minutes PGCM du 27 avril 2013
34
34

OT: Thomson router firmware
My brother has a Thomson TG585 router supplied back in the day by Plusnet. I'm told it says version 8 software 8.2.7.8. Is there a way to un-plusnet it, turn off the ADSL bit and make it work nicely...
5
5

Super-flexible tubing - what to search for ?
HI Folks New Year project is to do something positive about flux fume extract for my stained-glass activities. I have one of those free-standing 'maplin' filter/fans - but it only works over a small...
10
10

SOT: Cooker question
Not a DIY question just something the clever people here might know the answer to: why, if I turn off a burner on my gas hob after it has been on for some time and has thus fully warmed up ... will...
13
13

Car Starter
Any ideas on this: Car starts well - even after 2 weeks in an airport car-park in December but: If I stall it when it is warm, it behaves as though the battery is flat - clunk - nothing. Eventually it...
22
22

Failure mode of cheap wireless doorbell chime pushes
Hi all has anyone done any exploratory/repair work on these sort of things? You know the ones, they operate in the 433MHz band I think, and you set some DIP switches on both bell push and receiver so...
18
18

concrete cleaning
We at Target Traffiti do Concrete Cleaning, and we have all kind of Graffiti Removal Products, and we are leading Paint Removal Service Providers in Toronto. More Info: Our Services: good bye graffiti...
4
4