Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Blacklist spammers and cold callers
And when posting to say that, you repeat the spam - thus helping the continuation of it! Apologies for being a bit grumpy today, but we do agree on the 'binning' of it. Cash

Help with simple circuit
Help please. Hopefully the diagram is self explanatory. I think I currently have the wiring correct to work off 1 microswitch. But how do I wire in the other microswitch so that either one will...
6
6

Switched FCU query
Do all the domestic style (square white plastic surface plate, BS1363) switched and fused connection units have double pole switching as standard? Some seem to explicitly say they do and others don't...
10
10

Re: Planning ahead for possible 4kWp solar panel array...... what cable size should I lay?
The inverter wants to be somewhere cool, dry and dust free. One of mine is in the garage too. The other is in a well ventilated garden shed. Electronic stuff doesn't like the heat. There are some...

Rain water harvesting system..... need to decide on pump......
Hi all.... I am in the process of building my rain water harvesting systen. So far I have all the outside taps, all three toilets and the washing machine all plumbed on seperate white plastic pipework...
6
6

Oil-filled radiator - why must it not be turned on and off at the mains?
Folks, My hobby room has a 1Kw underfloor heating element, connected to a dedicated off-peak circuit. Most of the time this is adequate but during extended cold spells it's really not sufficient for...
23
23

Dumbest people I've met so far.
I did a boiler change today - well, helped out on one. The old one had a leaking heat exchanger, which was dripping water onto the gas burner jets, thus putting out the flame, and leaking out the...
15
15

Planning ahead for possible 4kWp solar panel array...... what cable size should I lay?
10? Flexible conduit is intended for short runs either with complex bends or vibrating machinery. Due to the corrugations, it might work for 10". There's no point in installing conduit, it is indended...
39
39

How low can you go?
I was looking for a 4ft T8 fluorescent tube and starter in Homebase today buy they had sold out of 4ft tubes. So I asked Siri where I could buy light bulbs and she suggested a place a couple of miles...
9
9

Kickboard space usage
Background...workspace: moved from a double heated garage to an 8x6 shed with the house move. I have several tools in the shed and this summer need to relocate in the house (rust, security etc)...
13
13

Programmable TRVs
Tim Watts' post about CH controls provoked me to think about this again, but in a sufficiently different way to justify a new thread. I don't really want to be able to control everything from the moon...
43
43

Micro switch question
Rating: 15A AC250V Withstand Voltage: AC1,0000V 1 Minute Insulation Resistance: 100M O DC500V Contact Resistance:
17
17

Insulating under a floor from beneath
Having upgraded our heating system last year, we now notice that the kitchen & dining room still don't get very warm, although most of the rest of the house is well-heated. I want to insulate under...
24
24

Hot 13A Socket/Plug
I have a clothes drier connected via 13A plug in to a double socket. I noticed that the plug was getting quite warmish when in use. I checked the wiring of the plug and the socket - all nice and tight...
51
51

Years ago on TV they showed a ring which was used to keep plastic bags open when sweeping leaves etc. Do they exist?
17
17