Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this electronic component?
Our Salter Bathroom Scales stopped working. I fitted new batteries and it was still dead so I opened it up to do some basic checks (not wet, power getting to circuit etc). A component had come off the...
49
49

LAN segregation ?
I have a home network on the farm connected to the outside world via a BT Home Hub - (the original white one). I have wireless access points in several buildings for my own use and can limit their...
30
30

Re: Oh dear ... :-)
I think they're rather nice. Clearly not everyone shares the same tastes. Tim Low energy lighting. with details of design and manufacture, luminaires, lamp shades and lighting pendants.
4
4

Re: Oh dear ... :-)
I would have thought the days of CFLs were numbered now that cheap LEDs are starting to appear anyway.
5
5

Responsibility for SothEastern Railways signalling
Who is responsible for the signalling of SouthEastern railways in Kent? If, as happened to me today, the train goes the wrong way and has to reverse, whose fault is it?
18
18

Thin aluminium foil
Does anyone know if it is still possible to purchase the thin foil strip that was used for alarming windows in the old days. I have tried google but no luck.
10
10

123 testing, is this thing on?
Apparently not. Brian
2
2

(Non decorative) decking - advice/comments (long and detailed)..
Background: SWMBOs mobility has sadly deteriorated, and whilst inside our bungalow she is able to manage OK (grab handles *everywhere*), she has started to struggle a bit with getting in and out of...
11
11

Thin liner for fire place opening for shelves
I'm pretty sure that I've asked this before, but my Googling doesn't find it.... I have a space where a fire place used to be. It will be a HiFi/AV cupboard. The walls are part brick and there is also...
3
3

OT(ish) 12V compressor vs. 240V compressor for tyres
I'm looking at a more robust compressor to blow up the camper van tyres. Rears need to go up to 5 bar 72.5 PSI. Basic 12v cigar lighter pumps can struggle to get this high and/or take a very long...
10
10

Composite Front Door
Thinking of getting a door by "Distinction Doors". Any experience of them?
2
2

Water flow rate
I am getting 12 litres / min from my cold tap and only 7.5 litres/ min from my hot. It seems to have changed whilst we were away for 2 weeks. My combi is a Worcester-Bosch 30CDi in the loft. Any...
24
24

Caustic in DW?
Can caustic soda be used in a dishwasher? Would it die prematurely? I'm thinking it might perhaps remove baked kitchen grease. NT
17
17

InSinkerator 15 On/Off Switch
Anyone know anything about these? Ours has just decided not to switch off. Which bit do I replace?
11
11

Re-upholstery
Hi all, I don't really want some herbert trapsing in and out the house at this time of year, but have a couple of sofas that are sagging and will need to be done by someone - preferably me - before I...
18
18