Subject Author Posted Replies

Should we replace the electric shower or try to fix it?
Hello, We stopped using our electric shower at home because it started leaking water from the wall mounted part of it. After opening it I've found that there's a leak somewhere, not far from the...
25
25

Turning radiators off
I recently saw some advice being given by a landlord to tenants that they should not turn off the radiators for combi boiler systems, only turn them down, as the boiler could be damaged by the...
16
16

Now I know why I'll always have loft water storage and a hot water tank
Around 5.15am this morning ( courtesy of CCTV, I wasn't about) My local watermain burst just where it crosses the drive. The failure was good enough to reduce my water pressure to about 4 ft. I...
37
37

Miele washing problem
SWMBO claims her 9About 10 year old)Miele washing is not washing as good as it used to do. Same programmes, same detergent, but not washing the clothes as good as it once did What, if anything, could...
13
13

Are recirculating cooker hoods any good?
As per the subject really... I'd love a proper extractor, but due to the location of the cooker, ceiling, etc. it's just not going to happen, so was wondering about the filter/recirculating types. Not...
11
11

Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless phone, trying to set the time and date!
Hi all, I have just bought a Panasonic KX-TG8161E Digital Cordless land line phone. To set the time and date the instructions say First press OK then proceed to step 2. I can find no OK button! on the...
8
8

The Best Quality Dissertation Writing Service UK
Dissertation Writing is always the most challenging task that requires a lo t of hard work, time and energy. No matter what your academic degree level is dissertation writing is a vitally important...
6
6

Polycarbonate "glass" on LED lamps
I recently bought a couple of these LED lamps: I think they're very good: over 100 lm/watt, standard GLS shape, instant on. But, the "glass" is some sort of plastic, my guess is it's polycarbonate....
14
14

Plywood shelving - thickness for supporting hi-fi
For the Hi-Fi rack in the fireplace I need some shelving. I could go for 4mm glass cut to size at around £25 a shelf (online price from one site). However that is £100 for 4 shelves. Plus I will...
12
12

how hot will my fire trim get?
Hello, Can someone tell me a ballpark figure for the maximum temperature that my steel fire trim will be subjected to? It will surround a standard 18" wide fireplace opening. The fireplace is backed...
7
7

Is there any way of defogging plastic floodlight covers?
As header really. I have a few 70w metal halide discharge floodlights. The covers are clear plastic, possibly polycarbonate similar to those used on cars. Covers are moulded so replacement with clear...
7
7

BT HD STB (Humax)
I have BT TV which uses their supplied STB (PVR) for the extra BT channels and internet stuff like I player, etc. It also records on its own hard drive. Looks to be made by Humax. Just recently, it's...
3
3

[OT] Customer database leaks
Well they're from spammers, aren't they. They send you what they claim is an invoice etc and ask you to take a look at it as "there's some anomaly with your payments to us" or somesuch. If these are...
12
12

hardest wearing kitchens?
are there any kitchen fitters out there that can recommend a brand of kitchen units and fronts etc they will last a good few years? ta chaps steve
15
15

Thinner for Evo-stik
I have a tin ov evo-stick, its gone a bit thick and would like to thin is slightly.I am not sure if it is the old or new version. It contains Heptane and isomers,solvent Naptha. I have stuff like...
11
11