Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendation for budget SDS?
Looks like the mode selection switch on my old Powerfix drill from Homebase has packed up, which means it will no longer hammer and drill at the same time. So I need a replacement. Looking at Screwfix...
9
9

Anyone used a brick saw blade in Skil type saw?
Just cutting holes in the chimney breast. I have run my largest SDS drill through the brickwork but need the hole to be just a bit bigger to avoid having to cut the moulded plug off the power cord....
2
2

Raid Array?
Niece who does proofreading and editing etc working from home has just lost (at least) a day's work after an HD crash on her PC. At one time a Raid array would be the thing to avoid this - but is...
29
29

Flexible 1.5" waste
I have got a new sink unit : two sinks. There is a double P trap with it. The horizontal outlet of the new trap is about half an inch out of line with the existing hole in the wall through which the...
8
8

Gasometers - end of an era
fond memories of South Harrow gasometer (with "NO" for RAF Northolt painted on the side) and Southall (with "LH" for London Heathrow). One by one the UK's gas holders are being removed. But will they...
38
38

Any suppliers of 110mm high underbed box?
As part of a project I need a few large'ish plastic storage boxes to slide under a bed but the gap is only 115mm ... has anyone seen anything that shallow?
17
17

OT - Programming Languages
I know this is OT but I rather suspect that some of you will be able to help. Boy1 (13) is interested in learning how to write code and so I would like to set him up with a toolkit for his PC...
188
188

TV simulator @ Lidl
Been after one of these for ages. Got one at Lid today. 7.99 Very good, cant tell difference. Claims uses
20
20

Flue through an external wall with hung tiles
A friend has been told by a boiler fitter that he can't fit a boiler where the flue will pass through an external wall that has hung tiles on the outside. Are there kits? How difficult is this?
10
10

Covering in old paint
What's a good paint for covering over an old ceiling that was painted green donkey's years ago? We're using Crown brilliant white matt emulsion, but the old stuff still shows through as a...
11
11

Boiler in garage or in bedroom cupboard
I am getting central heating in a house that at present does not have a boiler and radiators. I want the boiler in the attached garage but the fitters have suggested putting it in the vacated airing...
33
33

OT: Worrying spam bounce
I have my own domain and my normal personal email address would be In the past I have done business with another company, and I used the email address on their order form of another where is their URL...
3
3

What finish on Ducal furniture?
Some time soon I'm going to need to repair some cat scratches on DucalPine "Victoria" range furniture - does anybody here know what the finish is so I can get a reasonable match?
9
9

Yesterday's deals
Small LED bulbs 99p at Aldi. 4w golfball, alas with SBC cap. Rubber/fibre washer kit £1 poundland, labelled as a plumbing kit. Both will do nicely NT

OT women and gossiping
Stuck in an office today with 4 women that were talking bollocks. I do believe that they named everyone that lives in the S73 postcode area that has had sexual intercourse since Christmas- they...
22
22