Subject Author Posted Replies

BS 1363 plugs
(1) Can one ordinarily buy BS1363-type plugs with a plastic "Earth" pin, for fitting to a user-supplied two-core cable and a double-insulated device? (2) Page "PlugSafe Protecting BS 1363 - the...
25
25

bathroom wall mounted fan heaters....
Ageing rellies vintage 70s? dimplex wall mounted fan heater has retired. Had adjustable rotary 'clockwork' 'countdown' timer, rotary adjustable heat controls, push button on/off. Rellies keen to have...
25
25

sealing cement for shower tyle
Hello, a tile in the shower has come off... it's in the lower corner, it was added recently to block a water leak from the shower. I need to re glue it with something that is white and water tight....
4
4

OT. Bus shelter hoax.
Pepsi surprise commuters with an unbelievable augmented reality experience at a bus shelter on New Oxford Street in London
11
11

Remote control battery leak
I have a Philips Pronto universal remote control which has been stored away for a year or so. Unfortunately, as I discovered today, the batteries were left in place (I can tell by the weight). The...
13
13

Will the pikeys take a bath? and copper waste Q
Having come to terms with the fact that anything metallic left at the front of the house will disappear, I tend to use this as a service. I took a steel bath out today. What are the chances the pikeys...
16
16

Help with screw length / width / types
Hi, I have a really basic question that I hope you can help with. I have an Ikea Mulig Clothes Bar, link here: It's going to be fixed to a brick wall, will be around 75 cm across and bear a reasonable...
12
12

Glow worm compact e boiler
please has anyone got any advice, my sons boiler won't heat hot water it shows the pressure below 0.5 he's a student and can't get hold of anyone his landlord told them what to do before but he can't...
3
3

Tommy & Poundland?
The company is keen to challenge the DIY warehouses which have been forced to announce the closure of some outlets amid changing lifestyles and shopping habits.
12
12

Evenin' all
Keep em peeled.... http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=18495
5
5

Small Multi Tool
Anyone come across a small (Dremel size or smaller) version of the Fein or Bosch PMF180 oscillating multi tool? I want something to use for small model making jobs and my Bosch is just too big and...
4
4

Toolstation
A Toolstation has opened inside the local (Wimbledon) branch of Wicks. Very convenient - an easy 10 minute drive with plenty parking unlike the next nearest one in Merton. But a lot of stuff they sell...
43
43

SDS box cutters
Are they much the same? Toolsatan are showing them a lot cheaper than Screwfix. Also, how effective are they compared to other approaches? Cheers Dave R
8
8

Photo negatives, slides copier recommendations?
Hi, I'm looking for any personal recommendations for a copier that will copy from normal 35mm neg's, slides and small glass plate neg's. Looking around the web there seems to be a multitude of these,...
49
49

CH design and radiators...
Is it correct to assume a radiator dT=40K for a modern condensing gas boiler? 70C flow, 50C return so average 60C , nominal room T=20C Not sure about the flow/return temps...
78
78