Subject Author Posted Replies

Radiators - and "pipe centres" dimension
Does this actually mean what I think it means - the distance between the vertical centres of the pipes as they come up from the floor into the valves? Because it seems an odd measurement and assumes...
11
11

OT: Google Groups Posting email address
There are times when I do not have direct access to usenet and so post via Google Groups (I know). I have always used a hotmail address for this on the grounds that I seldom check it so don't really...
4
4

Changed thing re ectractor fan
I had a previous post re an extractor fan and the more I think about it the more I am leaning towards a humidifier instead. It is mainly for the wifes shower room but would also be useful when she...
3
3

Shower installation
Hi all, I'm about to put a new shower in and have a couple of questions: 1. This tray that's been delivered turns out to be very heavy and made of some sort of stone aggregate. I haven't encountered...
14
14

Service valves in a central heating circuit.
Service valves in a central heating circuit. Is this a no no? I've put some to help moving a rad and now it hardly warms up. Pretty sure that nothing else has changed. Thanks Brendan.
14
14

woodchip
I have various firms wanting me to have a woodchip boiler. Does anyone know if this would be a good idea? Bill
4
4

No prices on websites ...
Continuing with my research into a project to raise our patio, so SWMBO can wheel around on it with no ramp, and it's a tad galling to see so many websites with descriptions of products, but no...
15
15

PCI TV card.
Now I've got the old PC sorted with a new graphics card (thanks Jan) it would be nice to sort out the TV card too. It works under XP (have dual boot) but not under Win7. The software sort of loads,...
4
4

Chromebooks and self hosted cloud storage
I am giving serious credence to getting chromebooks for the kids schooling (and other) wibblings. The world has moved past hardwired machines and NFS servers and semi-disconnected is the way forward...
37
37

Takeovers
On the news today, I thought I heard that Poundland were buying the complete 99p Stores chain. Depressing, because I always find the mixture of Polish and English staff in the 99p shops really helpful...
20
20

Weatherproofing a doorbell push
Hi all, Got a wireless doorbell push that has stopped working - looks a little corroded inside. I'm going to clean it up and resolder any dodgy looking joints, once this is done what's the best way of...
22
22

Intel graphics drivers for linux
(Heads up, not a question) This: I've just ripped this out of my Xubuntu 14.04 laptop and it seems to have been causing all manner of problems. The main one was rdesktop crashing my Xorg server with...
47
47

Very nears at Aldi
For those who do not have a set yet. Digital Caliper: caliper-1/ £8.99, not a bad price for a mainstream outlet. Shop for Baby, DIY, Kitchen, Cycling, Sports, Tvs, Home & Garden online.

Hot water go slow
Symptom is hot water to bath starts off fine and then slows down - takes a long time to fill the bath. It's a mains pressure system. I've just had the boiler serviced, which has fixed the central...
20
20

Wago Connectors
After altering our kitchen we are left with a double 13 amp socket part way up what is now and otherwise plain wall in what is now a dining alcove.. SWMBO wants it removed!! A blanking plate will not...
22
22