Subject Author Posted Replies

Mesnews search panel off screen
Likely no one on here uses or has even heard of it, but all support seems to have gone... Its an off-line newsreader, with a search facility. You press F3 and the panel to fill in the details of your...
9
9

Cordless screwdriver (review)
I've been thinking about getting one for a while to save the hassle of carting the Makita drill / impact / driver around. So when I spotted the Lidl Li-Ion "Parkside" in the week for £15 it was a bit...
2
2

Latest
Been offered: 2x Makita cordless drills & batteries, charger, case: £40 single drill with hammer action, /battery/charger JCB £10 evo sliding mitre saw £60 What do ya think? NT
4
4

OTish Volume Icon
Left my PC on last night, this morning Windows had "added some updates". Now the 'Volume' icon has disappeared from the task-bar so I can't turn the sound up or down. Thank you piggin Microsoft. Right...
55
55

OT......Europe's Largest Solar Eclipse Since 1999 Will Plunge UK Into Darkness On 20 March
Get yer sun goggles ready. Europe's largest solar eclipse since 1999 is set to block out as much as 90 per cent of the sun's light in some areas of the UK. On the 20 March at 9.31am London will lose...
36
36

bread machine
We currently have a Kenwood bread machine and are happy with the results however we are starting to have a problem with the paddle sticking to the loaf and having to be prised out. Our last machine...
5
5

Ronseal Exterior Ready-Mixed Wall Filler
Anybody here used it? I don't know if I had a dodgy tub of it or was using it incorrectly, but it has no strength at all. I had a 50 cm crack in some Tyrolean render, about 2 or 3 mm wide and 5 mm...
11
11

Is my prediction coming true?
Expert says: 'If there was a general shortage of gas across Europe, Britain would run short very soon'
11
11

thermostatic shower valves
Hello, I have something that looks like this: A bar mixer shower valve. I don't know the make or age as it was in the house when I moved in. Lately to get hot water I have had to turn the temperature...
9
9

Re: OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens EnglandÂ’s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station
They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.
6
6

Meddings LB1 Mk III pillar drill- manual pdf?
Dear All, I have just acquired one of these sturdy old drilling machines. It's a litt le bit scruffy, but seems to run very well. Before putting it to work, I wo uld like to give it a partial strip...
3
3

Pricing of bearings
Recently repairing a DeWalt RA saw (My thanks to Bob Minchin and all others for assistance) I found the carriage bearings a little bit knobbly. Not unduly so but worth attention. Sealed bearings but...
9
9

OT: software to clone my hard drive to an SSD
I've just replaced my computer's hard disk with a 256gb Solid State Drive by Crucial - I cloned the hard drive onto the SSD while it was connected via the USB port, then put the SSD in in place of the...
16
16

Anyone here have any old GEC electric motors?
Good evening folks, adjusting the belts on my Norsaw table saw today I found that one of the electric motor mounting feet has parted company from the foot casting. Sadly, this leaves the motor hanging...
3
3

Door Jamb
Just about to screw a six foot length of 3 by 2 over the door jamb (back door) where some scroats jemmied it and kicked it in prior to doing us over Tuesday evening. Luckily it doesn't have to look...
2
2