Subject Author Posted Replies

What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?
He's been suspended by the BBC. Towel head joke? Supporting the Labour Party?
198
198

Looking for laser printer that also copies
Are there colour laser printers that also copy (and presumably scan)? If so, has anyone a recommendation?
15
15

Time saved
Idly thinking today of what we do with the time saved by no longer having to: Emery the car aerial attachment point on the car wing to get good radio reception. Change the points and condensor in the...
16
16

Imperial pipe size mentions in the wiki
There don't seem to be any. I vaguely remember that someone once posted an article about compatibility of metric adapters etc. with old imperial pipe sizes, but it would be nice to see some mention of...
10
10

Mitre saw stands
My workmate tends to live with the mitre saw bolted to it, can't really justify a "decent" stand, will I regret getting a "cheapie"? e.g.
11
11

OT ish EPG on satellite TV
Bought an LG TV with an LNB input. Astra 28.2 ish is the satellite I wish to connect to. The TV isn't Freesat and another one I have in use has an EPG that sometimes displays the channel after you...
5
5

substitute for Bona Kemi Wood Floor Refresher?
Does anyone have any ideas what substitute could be used for Bona Kemi Wood Floor Refresher. (I dont think this would work) Its not for me and I dont have a picture. The link below may give a better...
4
4

Atika Sovereign 1800 shredder blades
I have a friend with an old Atika Sovereign 1800 shredder blades (Focus Do it all special) which I need new blades for, but i can't find them any where. I don't have easy access to the shredder so...
6
6

Building Regulations Certificate
My daughter is considering a house - it has extensions to 3 sides. I told her she should at least get sight of the Certificate that shows compliance with the current Building regulations. She has...
42
42

OT; Kid in a sweet shop!
Just picked up the maintenance work in The Royal Engineers Museum at Gillingham! There I was, painting a display case, the display behind me included the revolver & sword carried by Lt John Chard at...
9
9

Can't find a source for replacement motor run capacitor, size is the problem
I have a linear actuator in which the motor run capacitor has failed. It's one manufactured by ICAR, marked as follows:- 4 microfarad ECOFILL WB40 400 V B 10.000 h 450 V C 3.000 h Wire connections...
16
16

floor tiles - easy to lay - Yep real easy....
Need a new floor surface? Looking for easy-lay a well as easy-care? and let Andrew set you right. These tiles have a 10 year warranty and will last well over 25 years in domestic use. Non-toxic...
1
1

Compact Radiator Identification
I am trying to identify the manufacturer of a pair of double compact central heating radiators that must be less than 8 years sold. They have removable grilles with the top ones originally held on...
3
3

Doing without a ceiling
In message , Cash
25
25

DECT to POTS
Does such a thing exist? The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c). I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the VOIP/DECT base station.
6
6