Subject Author Posted Replies

Random orbital sanders - which one?
... and for that matter, detail sanders. I'm using a belt sander on the floor of a small room (1), and it's doing the job. But it won't go up to the edges at the board ends. It looks like a random...
19
19

Efficiency of in sink water heaters
ISTR some one cleverer than me, not hard, recently laying out the maths of energy required to heat water. Could someone point me in the direction of that post please. I'm curious to debunk some...
43
43

Which o-ring?
I've discovered a damaged o-ring in my dishwasher (IKEA WHirlpool DWH B10). It's part 761 4 in the diagram highlighted, but I can find anywhere what it's full part number is so I can actually buy one!...
7
7

Strong wood glue
We have a writing bureau with a drop down lid that should be supported by 2 arms. My wife (first rule always blames someone else) opened the lid without pulling out the supports. As a result the drop...
10
10

How not to do a basement extension
Part quote: "Mr Goldswain, 40, and Miss Hale, 39, were extending the property in Finchley in November 2012, a year after buying it. But the builders failed to support the structure correctly and two...
95
95

bad joke
So if Lidl opened up in the plains in, say Arizona, would it be known as the Lidl House on the Prairy? Hides behind sofa. Brian
3
3

Lidl planer
Available from 23 March. Has anyone ever bought one of these? Are they any good? http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=21891...
11
11

Radiator valve mystery
I have a radiator I'd like to remove while decorating. At one end it has a thermostatic valve, at the other end a plain valve (if that's what you call it?). The plain one has a plastic cap that...
9
9

Where to find hollow plastic board/planking 200 x 18-20mm
I've had a google but don't even know what I'm looking for. For a little project I'm after some plastic section. Hollow with internal reinforcing ribs. Min height 200mm, could be more. Width 18-20mm....
8
8

fixing bolt for euro lock
Anyone know a supplier for the fixing bolt for a euro lock, thats the one that goes in from the side of the open door to hold the lock in place. The one I have has a knackered head but it is longer...
4
4

Advice needed on whats happening with house wall and is it fixable
Could anyone tell me what is happening with this house wall,I'm presuming it is or will fall down eventually due to poor quality bricks being used.But in the meantime is it possible to fix it or...
11
11

Aliexpress - good bad or indifferent?
Anyone had experience buying through Aliexpress ? Do they just act as an agent or actually take responsibility for their goods themselves? Any informed comments welcomed Andrew
9
9

Software for scanning prints - free if possible
Having bought a new Canon scanner I am underwhelmed by the bundled software. Good points - put a single photo of any size in the scanner and push the auto scan button and it quickly scans the picture...
36
36

Hozelock Spares
I'm finding it impossible to contact Hozelock via their websites. Have they ceased to exist ? I'm seeking spares for one of their pressure sprayers, The Premier Plus 3L. I need the large sealing ring...
6
6

Wiring advice please for GU10 light fitting
I'm replacing GU5.3, 12V ceiling mount halogen lights (separate 240V to 12V) power supply) in the kitchen with GU10, 240V, 5W LED types (240V power supply built into the LED bulbs). There is the usual...
2
2