Subject Author Posted Replies

IP cameras
I know I've asked before but this time it needs to happen. A Compro ip came ra I have been struggling with since day 1 is now missing events too many t imes... can anyone recommend a reliable ip...
18
18

dimming LEDs - worth it?
pondering a lighting refit for the dining room. thinking of having a track system arranged in a square on the ceiling approx 3 feet from the edges of the ceiling, with track spots (most probably with...
3
3

Decking ramp - update
So, timber was delivered yesterday, 11am. The original plan was to do the job over the weekend. However the weather forecast was starting to look poor for Saturday, so I decided to make a start asap...
23
23

One of the fence posts has developed cracks
Remember a few weeks ago I was enthralling everyone with my exposition on post-hole shovels? Well, one of the posts I put in has developed several cracks in the are about 3mm wide and roughly 30cm...
4
4

Very tacky garden wall/fence
Hi someone is obviously making plastic fences that look a little bit like brick walls. A week or so back I got out of a car somewhere in Kingston.. no I'm not going to say where, and leaned on the...
3
3

mortar mix for decorative garden wall
I've got some marshalite ash decorative bricks for a garden wall, see The are basically stone effect, grey, but with some larger brown/yellow flecks (i.e. made of cement with some larger grit sand in...
11
11

Hammerite onto powder coat
A quick one. I need to do some touching up on a powder coated wrought iron gate. I have Hammerite to hand and I'm not inclined to buy "better" paint unless I have to. One concern I have, though, is...
4
4

Using Rosate 36
I bought a litre of Rosate 36 last year, and was delighted with the results. However, I have forgotten, and cannot find, the recommended dilution for ordinary garden use - young nettles, dandelions...
26
26

Borrowed Neutral
We have sold a house that our daughter had been living in. I had found that the wall lights in the lounge had a borrowed neutral from the ring main. I know this is wrong and realised that in order to...
27
27

Calor gas connections
My cooker runs on calor gas. I have two 47kg cylinders, both connected by rubber hoses to a switchover valve on the outside wall. One hose is red and connected at both ends by a jubilee clip. It is...
25
25

Hairline crack in chair leg socket
Hello all. I have an antique oak dining chair with a wobbly leg. The leg is fixed to t he chair base with a peg and socket arrangement- the peg being a whittled e nd of the leg and the socket being a...
12
12

Wallrock fibreliner
I got some of the above at the weekend from Toolsatan in what I thought would be a futile attempt to cover up a wall in quite poor condition. I had tried painting over the existing (ancient)...
12
12

How to test accuracy of a laser level
Can anyone suggest a way to check the accuracy of a laser level? The one I have has a small tripod. I've been trying to think of an easy way to test it for accuracy. I thought about sitting it on a...
21
21

What's blocking my overflow?
The hot water F&E tank was dripping into the bathroom today. for the second time in as many months, and the third time in 3 years. Of course, this requires 2 things to happen together: Both the...
22
22

Core boring
Wasn't me - I'd have used a spirit level to line up the holes... Metropolitan Police release dramatic pictures showing hole drilled through concrete vault wall at Hatton Garden Safe Deposit company...
34
34