Subject Author Posted Replies

So, which glue...?
I need to attach some rubber bumpers to the underside of a loo seat. Ideally I'd have got identical replacements for the originals (which had lugs on them, which located into corresponding reinforced...
7
7

Roller Blinds ...
Hi, I have just bought a roller blind from Dunelm, and want to cut it to size to for the window. However i can't get the plastic bar out of bottom as fitted to tight. So can't cut to size with it in...
4
4

SOT: DIY FAIL: CH Conundrum - Fixed (?)
The "(?)" in the Subject is because I try not to tempt fate. The "SOT" is because this is long, and most people won't be bothered about reading it, but I _did_ say I'd come back and report! I've...
10
10

Bloody Torbeck valves!!!!!
How is it that the performance of a Torbeck valve can gradually degrade over time, and yet when the time comes to look at it, nothing less than a full strip-down and service will do? Surely it should...
10
10

me tap shanks are too short ??!!
New tap through a thick wooden worktop. Shanks (threaded) only poke thru underneath worktop by a few mm...... Not enough to secure w backnuts AND fit tap connector flexis.... What's the remedy? Tia...
29
29

affect of lime on colour
If I had a 1:4 cement/sand mortar (grey cement, orange/brown sand), how much would it lighten in colour if I made it 1:1:4 cement/hydrated lime/sand which seems to be the equivalent mix ? Also, how...
2
2

Leaky water pipes
Hello all, I have two separate leaks. One is inside one is outside. The inside one is in a toilet cistern where the ball valve screws to the water inlet on a pla stic fitting. It was repaired...
9
9

The Eversure Fillacan-Design Classis
Lawnmower/rotovator season has started again. My dad had an Eversure Fillacan, the handle becomes the filler, even as a 5 year old filling the mower, it was easy. Is there a modern equivalent? here...

If the EU adopt this...
Could make life interesting. ;-)
25
25

OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy
This gadget made the main headline of The Times today - here's a non- paywalled-version from the Mail: (or Quite surprised never to have heard of this before, especially (AFAICS) in this ng. Thoughts?...
174
174

Painting kitchen cabinet door fronts
Hi all, I've got some kitchen cabinets that are starting to get past their best but I don't want to replace the whole lot, or even just the fronts yet, so I'm thinking about painting them. However,...
11
11

Camera for car engine bay
Can someone recomend a wifi cam for use taking movies of underside of moving car? I've tried a few I have and the main problems I found are 1)getting enough lighting, (the inbuilt led ones light...
7
7

Diesels for the chop
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here already. The UK's highest court has ruled that the government must take immediate action to cut air pollution. The Supreme Court has ruled that the UK...
55
55

Nwe car
I have been off the road for a couple of years but never had a claim against me how will that effect my next insurance quote
12
12

LED "Daylight" bulbs
We are LED converted at home and very pleased with them but the place my wife works have just replaced all their bulbs with Daylight LEDs Immediately everyone working there has got terrible headaches...
26
26