Subject Author Posted Replies

My mind wandered.
I don't wish to be disrespectful but I switch off when the Archbishop gets going. So, I started thinking about a problem I shall have in a week or two. I plan to buy an oak worktop. Standing on end it...
20
20

Woodscrew suggestions
Gentlemen, I need to extract some old fence posts that have rotted off at ground level (as they do). Most common extraction method on YT seems to be to screw a plate with a lifting eye to the old...
19
19

Funeral
If I went in to a church at 8:30 for a service that is due to end around 12:15 I'd have to take a bottle and funnel with me.
56
56

Protective coating for garden gate.
I'm making a chicken proof garden gate. To please the grandkids the components are being painted in a wide variety of colours. All of the paint is old stuff out of the back of the shed, being various...
6
6

B&Q Selling Crap (again)
Gentlemen, I've just removed some BnQ screws from a fence. They've only been in place around 18 months, yet already the zinc coating (if that's what it even is) has broken down and the underlying...
7
7

First heating of the autumn
I tweaked the temperatures and times of my programmable thermostat a couple of months ago, turned the heating down by a degree at various times of day, and decided I don't need to heat the water twice...

Double-Insulated (or not) downlights - Ping Adam
Following on from my earlier thread about converting halogen downlights to LED, I have made *some* progress. The upstairs office had 6 of these each with a 35w 12v MR16 halogen bulb - powered by 2...
11
11

OT: Shops in Scotland
Gentlemen north of the border, Do any of you know the best shops in Scotland for sourcing Harris tweed clothing? I was told there were a bunch of them around the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, but that's...
14
14

OT: Holiday Inn screwup
See: you're planning to stay at an HI in the future, I'd pay cash. If you've stayed there in the past, make sure they don't have any of your data. The pair, who say they are from Vietnam, wiped out...
34
34

OT: Something odd about that queue?
Gentlemen, Anyone who's been unfortunate enough to visit London nowadays will be familiar with the general composition of it. All very multicultural and whatnot. You cannot possibly fail to bump into...
123
123

Makita Battery powered tools. 2 questions.
Please can anyone help me with these questions? If I were to go for a range of Makita battery powered handtools today, what would be the optimum choice regarding a balance between the most modern...
18
18

OT? Giving up on using the fridge. How?
Hi, I have one of these useless mini-bar fridges that I basically only use to keep the milk from going bad. However, now it starts getting fresh in the kitchen and I can leave the milk outside and it...
17
17

Helena beige ceramic wall tiles
Hi, Please can someone help me ? I looking for B&Q ( colours range) ceramic wall bathroom tiles Helena is the name of make and the colour is beige it’s a matt finish tile and the size of tile is...
1
1

Bit of a chinese grenfell
<> A major fire has broken out in a skyscraper in the central Chinese city of Changsha, state media has reported, adding that the number of casualties is 'currently unknown'. Subscribe to Guardian...
1
1

Wood Burner Flue query.
I've finally got the Wood Burner/Boiler plumbed into the multi-fuel thermal store yesterday and circulated hot water from the store to give everything a bit of a flush through. All good so far. Next...
23
23