Subject Author Posted Replies

Britain awaits name for new Royal Princess
I take it Wodney and Simon Brown are the same person? There surely couldn't be identical idiots in Oz?

RSJ problem ...
I slapped an opening in a thick internal stone loadbearing wall.....the approved plans show RSJs to be installed but I have installed a row of old railway lines.....the problem is they don't want to...
14
14

OT Pix, The most amaing places on Earth?
175 Unbelievable Places That Look Like They're From Another Planet | Bored Panda

OT Civil war pix. (USA)
Amazing the destruction. The Civil War, Part 1: The Places - The Atlantic
2
2

OT New Russian tank.
Now why are the Russians coming up with a new tank at this time I wonder? The T-14 Armata, set to go on display at the Moscow Victory Day Parade this week, is said to surpass all Western versions...
4
4

Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
There's nice
28
28

Qualcast Classic Petrol 35s drive problem
I've suddenly been getting some severe vibrations from my mower and it's stopped driving the blades and itself. Taking the cover off to reveal the drive shaft shows some pretty bad damage. As I've not...
5
5

Wiring a medium sized fitted hob & a low powered fitted single oven
Option One: A medium powered hob is hard wired via 6mm T&E from consumer unit protected by a 32A MCB fuse to a 45A cooker control switch that has a 13A socket outlet, then a 6mm cable runs to the hob,...
2
2

Re: Royalty, births and parasites
Except in war-time the military are a self selecting group appealing most to those who value discipline, order, and authority figures. Outside of that, among conscripts and volunteers there's no...
8
8

OT: Satellite broadband
Hi Folks, I'm likely to be moving to an area where the standard broadband is likely to be quite slow, with no option currently for any fibre connection. I'm looking around at alternatives in case the...
47
47

Extreme DIY
Some people don't need a hand. A man fixes a puncture without the use of his hands
6
6

Britain awaits name for new Royal Princess
Brian Gaff scribbled That would piss off Jug Ears.
21
21

Samsung LED TV sets
It seems that Samsung LED TV sets have a habit of blowing up the high-brightness LEDs that were introduced to replace the fluorescent tubes as back lights for the LCD screens. I do not expect to lose...
8
8

Bathroom ponderings ...
When tiling the floor in 300mm tiles and the walls in 150mm tiles, would you try to align the wall and floor grout lines, it looks smart that way in SketchUp, but given the non-square nature of most...
18
18

What kind of oil is used in large electrical transformers?
ISTR reading yonks ago that this must be a vegetable oil. Reason for asking: I'm shipping a biggish transformer to warmer climes. Shipper specifies that all fluids must be drained. Buyer not happy...
28
28