Subject Author Posted Replies

Blue Peter car maintainance
I won't be using one of these in my Bentley. Q. How do I service the Frantz Refiner? A. Place a roll of toilet paper centered onto the filter base tucking in any paper overlapping the edge. Cover the...
15
15

Hedge trimmer flex [cable?] repair. Cheapest safe method?
Girl next door has sliced her hedge trimmer cable in half. I'd previously fixed her battery powered door-bell wire with some crimp connectors and heat-shrink. She thought In could do same with...
37
37

OTish:Multi-channel media player (app)
Messing around with a Raspberry Pi, and am impressed enough to try and invest some time in a small project, which may (emphasis on *may*) not need too much work at all. Basically, I want to create a...
1
1

Intro to coding
Going back to that topic from a few weeks back, I found another quite nice one today: (versions to run in a browser and on various devices) http://lightbot.com/hocflash.html
34
34

RS delivery charges no more
RS seem now to be offering "free" next day delivery on all online orders.
2
2

Re: 15mm compression couplings/isolators
Sorry, don't believe that for one moment. To get a decent face to face seal requires very careful machining. Which a pipe cutter doesn't achieve. It would also needs a firm contact between the faces....
8
8

Gate posts, fence posts & rotting
As these things seem to rot at ground level and just below but not above, then perhaps the remedy is to seal with bath sealant where the post enters the concrete, and then smear further sealant up the...
36
36

OT End of the world is night
Keeps the proles amused. If it actually were nigh, it would be secret. So the politicians could hide in their nuclear bunkers without mass riots. A COLOSSAL asteroid hurtling through space is feared...
15
15

OT Appointment booking software
Bit of a long shot but I need some software with which to book appointments for the charity I work for. It needs to allow other users on the network to see what appointments are available and allocate...
5
5

[OT] PC to Phone for SMS
Using the phone for SMS more than occasionally is a PITA, tiny key board, touch screen that detects touches not quite where I think I touche it and the remor doesn't help. So what (Android) apps are...
29
29

Buying from abroad?
Can one issue a cheque specifying Euros from a Brit bank account, and, if one does, is one loable to receive a hefty fee from one's local bank?
17
17

OT End of the world is nigh!
Well almost. Keeps the proles amused. If it was gonna hit us, I feel sure it would be kept secret so the politicians could retire to their nuclear bunkers. A COLOSSAL asteroid hurtling through space...
9
9

Another job done in the Great Mouldy House Renovation
Doors: OK - only part DIY and part subbed to some carpenters who know what they are doing. We have 3 sliders due to space constraints. 2 swingers where that is not a problem. 2 door frames I put in...
13
13

Garden Wall
Looking at a a house with view to purchase. It has a high wall around the carden. seems in good order - just a few spalled bricks on the top - but I have seen some in same road a lor worse, Built of...
5
5

Block paved path
I'm under orders to re-lay a block paved path. This was originally laid (clearly many years ago) directly to soil using old blue bricks and, IMO, has done quite well, considering. For a block paved...
4
4