Subject Author Posted Replies

What not to do with an angle grinder
Two police officers who were injured when they were attacked with a power tool are "doing well" in hospital.
1
1

Bathroom sink recommendations please.
The eight year old B&Q bathroom pedestal basin has a fine crack across the basin so I need to replace it. Any recommendations? Needs to be suitable for a mixer tap* and not too ornate. *Looking at...

Greedy little birds
Have been hanging a 3/4 coconut shell filled with fat from the bird table for about 2 years now. Mostly attracted starlings, and lasted a couple of weeks before it needed replacing. The starlings are...
10
10

Batery charging - brain fade day?
Looking further at battery charging I seem to be having brain fade. I will work it through in simplistic terms then ask! Starting with (volts * amps = watts). 250v * 4A = 1kW Or to put it another way,...
45
45

OT - network based answering service?
X-Posted here because of the cognoscenti! I am involved with a local charity support group who are not the most IT literate, and those supported are even less so. We are having problems communicating...
42
42

Paint Primers
Hi all, I have some Ronseal white metal primer designed for radiators and pipework. Can I get away with using it for a small stretch of new, bare wood skirting board? (less than 1 metre) Or is it...
6
6

If Russ Andrews made ...
... bog flushers
7
7

Demolition - and demolition is DIY related
Just a heads up for those that might be interested Sunday 8pm BBC2 All episodes of Demolition - The Wrecking Crew
32
32

On the subject of toilets and flushing
We have one upstairs, one downstairs, both identical in all respects other than the poor operation of the one upstairs. It needs numerous flush attempts, to clear the pan contents. It has always been...
5
5

OT Osmotic power
Came across this. Free energy. Osmotic power - Wikipedia Statkraft Osmotic Power Plant - Power Technology | Energy News and Market Analysis
5
5

OT: Top tip for bacon
If you want to cut the rind off, do it when the bacon is still frozen. It's much quicker. Bill
39
39

I've finally gone mad
I came home and walked up the drive. The dog was in the window, and wagged her tail. I waved back. Bill
6
6

OTish - Public Buildings Fire Regs
A little OT for DIY as this applies to a Local Authority building but I thought there might be someone on here who could advise. The local authority leisure center that I attend is currently...
7
7

12v battery lead snap connector - Googlefi help please
I'm intending to DIY a solution for the camper where I have a 12V lead to the leisure batteries which can do two things: (1) Connect the kick ass tyre pump (too kick ass for a cigar lighter socket)...
14
14

Tool boxes
I'm after recommendations for reasonable quality tool boxes at the cheap end of the market, primarily for my 1/4" router and assorted gubbins. It's mostly just for ease of storage in the workshop,...
14
14