Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Desk occupancy sensors
The company I work for is planning to fit every desk in the office with a desk occupancy sensor. This appears to be an battery-powered under-desk PIR sensor (similar to those used in security lights)...
27
27

OT Windows 10
My PC, running Windows 7, suddenly is offering me a free upgrade to Windows 10 when it comes out. I understand from Googling it, they are trying to get over the bad publicity with Windows 8. I know...
52
52

Replacing ceiling boards.
Our living room ceiling has some fairly ugly artex on it. Rather than scrape it off, I think I want to just replace it. I'm trying to decide whether to pull the old ones down, or to put new boards...
37
37

Ot Run on Greek banks
Begining of the end? DEBT-STRICKEN Greece could be forced out of the Eurozone unless it reaches a last-ditch deal with its creditors, it was warned today.
8
8

Noise insulation.
I know this has been done before.... We have a door in what was an exterior cavity wall giving access to an annexe and our lodger. There is a separate exterior door so the internal one is currently...
8
8

Odd elec socket in France
Came across this odd socket in a bedroom in a recently-built hotel in Provence. Anyone know what it's for? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10969499/odd-french-socket.jpg
25
25

Unique level indicator
I'm quite proud of this item and its sheer accuracy, for getting anything level in two dimensions. It is designed to be used to repeatedly level an object, rather than be used for levelling a variety...
16
16

How do I change my newlec door entry code???
The flat never came with a manual so I don't know how to change it. Anyone got any idea? Not sure what model it is but says nlvkbwhn on the back
2
2

82mm waste for toilet
Hi, I am fitting a new toilet and hope to conceal the (previously boxed in) waste piping underfloor. Problem is that there is insufficient headroom for 110mm; but I have noted that 82mm waste piping...
6
6

Boiler noise
Looking at fitting a boiler in a bedroom: how many dB do you reckon I should look for? I really don't know. NT
12
12

Filler for awkward gap
I need to fill the space between a newly plastered ceiling and a purlin: It all seems quite airtight, but I want to finish it off for neatness, avoiding draughts, and stopping any much coming down...
8
8

New Openreach Installation
My daughter has moved into a new build and is awaiting Openreach to connect them. I believe that on new builds Openreach are installing an external co nnector that replaces the NTE5 master socket....
4
4

Radiators not heating
Baxi Combi 100HE plus. Electricity going in to boiler, no warning lights illuminating. Hot water from tap is hot and thermostat for rads calling for heat. Is there anything I can check before I call a...
9
9

Use of OTG cables
Has anyone here managed to connect a standard USB memory stick to an Android tablet (or iPad) using an OTG cable? There are many sites claiming they show you how to do it, but until now I have failed....
6
6

OT Ask the police
I wonder how a screwdriver would be? (As a waepon) https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q589.htm