Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - low temperature wash
The recommended wash these days for clothes is low temperature - 30C to 35C I think - and this is often quite a quick wash. Concerns have been expressed, however, from time to time, over the low...
89
89

Best paint to use on kitchen ceiling?
The likes of Dulux and Crown suggest that their matt paints are not suitable for kitchen ceilings, yet I believe a matt finish is best. Am I correct that other surface finishes, ie eggshell etc have a...
19
19

Oo, I say, do you think this will work ducky?
https://www.selcobw.com/toupret-humi-stop-anti-camp-treatment-1kg

Paging Doctor Drivel and Harry...
Has your Pious been recalled yet? "Toyota has become the third car manufacturer in two weeks to recall its cars because of software problems, with over 625,000 Prius hybrids needing an upgrade to stop...
37
37

UK TV in Italy
What is the best VPN service to watch UK TV online in Italy?
2
2

Ashes
Does anyone know of a working method of watching the current ashes series without subscribing to Sky? I did have a website that worked but that seems to have stopped now. Mike
2
2

OT: Letter to Look North
Dear Sirs, Look North Leeds, Mon 13th July The question of whether or not the UK should remain in the EU is politically contentious, and there?s going to be a national referendum to decide it....
69
69

Remiving plastic "frosted glass" file from window?
An upstairs en-suite has had plastic film applied to a window to give privacy. This is now yellowing and peeling off around the edges. Is there a good method of removing this prior to fitting new...
13
13

Problem choosing line telephone. OT?
I have a hearing problem and need a new telephone to plug into BT. My current one (geemarc) has become noisy. Now I know what facilities I require, that is not a problem, however I have yet to find...
6
6

High freq. fluorescent light upgrade
I have one of those flatbed light units that works ok except it buzzes due to the ballast chokes. The buzzing gets (much) worse with time. So I though to rebuild the thing using HF ballast. Would...
2
2

Slightly OT: failing Lucas wiper blades
FYI I've just had my second Lucas wiper blade fall apart. Both were bought at the same time and in each case the blade broke away from the plastic bit that attaches to the pivoting bit (sorry, can't...
28
28

B&D Scorpion Saw Check
For those with a Blacker and Decker Scorpion saw you might care to split open the cover and check the tightness of the screws that hold the reciprocating arm in place and the gears in contact. Miy saw...

Any idea where I might be able to obtain screws like this?
They hold the knife wedges in the cutter block of an old Startrite 12x9" planer thicknesser. Probably 1970's vintage. Startrite long ago busted up. Screws appear to be M6 x 12 (perhaps 11). Fairly...
27
27

OT - Flying Doctor - Wisdom of the Ancients required
The phrase: "Flying Doctor to Wollombula Base" (or near phonetic offering) sticks in my mind. Google cannot find this or anything similar. Despite that I am sure it exists. So can any other old fart...
19
19

Solar power calculations, please help!
According to: 48 MW solar farm is being built. No info on that page, as expected. Look at: 20Solar%20Farm for more details: Solar Panels: 50000 Capacity: 40 MW Acreage: 200 More info: 200 acres = 80.9...
83
83