Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Look North Leeds bias
Tonight's episode included: 1. A very one-sided three minute item claiming that immigrants and their descendants are 'disproportionately affected' by the horrid Tory cuts. Get the chuffing violin out!...
99
99

Friday's auction
Items that might be of interest to D-I-Yers: Lot No: 3200 Two boxes of mixed electrical fittings including back boxes and a slab of granite etc Estimate £15.00 - £30.00 (slab of granite?) Lot No:...
10
10

OT ish Slow Windows
Also, if you are a "serious" Word user (references, cross references) don't expect Open Office stuff to work correctly. Kingsoft, Libre Office, etc. Don't get me wrong, Linux is fine for a lot of...
311
311

Walking about with Hard Wearing Soles
Have been looking for some solid *long lasting *walking shoes, and have seen these: Brasher Country Traveller GTX Men's Walking shoe A picture of them is in this site: It says the sole is...
4
4

Where to get internal glazed fire doors under £300?
Looking for suppliers of good value internal fire doors, transparent glazing. I'm in West London. Nothing on ebay. Ideas? Help very welcome here.
8
8

Paint for garage door?
My garage door has been red for ages but all the neighbours' are white. It is starting to show its age, and needs repainting; perhaps now is the time to change the colour and blend in. What paint...
4
4

Replacing thermostatic cartridge in shower cabin - can't unscrew old one
Hello group, I have a shower cabin, Inisgnia GT8720. It has three control knobs, the bot tom one being the temperature control, which is basically a thermostatic ca rtridge... It screws into the main...
10
10

Re: Gloss
Obviously that rare type, a spammer with nothing to say. Brian
3
3

OT PAT
HI At work we have a Seaward PAT machine, the employee qualified to use it has left and boss wants me to get the testing back in-house. Our young cleric who looks after safety records and personnel...
33
33

B&Q Club
I rarely venture into B&Q these days; as we now have Toolstation and Screwfix counters within 2 miles of home as well as a Wickes, I'm afraid it rarely gets a look-in, although it's actually the...
1
1

OT Cats video.
I know there's people here loves cats. Fake or not? Can't imagine a cat doing this stuff. Didga the Cat is an amazing cat who isn't going to let the dogs steal the show with all the amazing tricks...
1
1

Network bodge question
Years ago, when I built my workshop at the bottom of the garden 20m from the house, I put an unscreened 25 way multicore cable (16/0.2mm) for future expansion. Now I would like to extend the computer...
58
58

(Mini) guttering (is it *really* this hard ?)`
Have just moved a shed from the paved patio, to a raised section of decking. Luckily (!) the last few days have given me ample data regarding rainwater, and it seems a good idea to gutter the shed,...
11
11

OT: Car Tyre recommendations
It seems a few years since this was done. Mazda 2, all down to the 20p coin test 2mm, 185/55 R15, 2~3k moderate motoring per year. One garage suggesting HiFly as a budget tyre, another Semperit....
39
39

Thistle multi-finish instead of Polyfilla for patching?
I'm preparing the walls in my lounge for painting. Some of the surface skim of plaster was loose in places, so I chipped it away. I've now got various small areas that need patching and making flush,...
8
8