Subject Author Posted Replies

Firefox
Just recently, Firefox on both of my PCs has got slow and clunky. Even on Ebay. Any particular reasons for this?
14
14

drain pipe and guutering
Hello, I have brown drain pipe and guttering but it has become very bleached by the sun. One joint is also leaking. I'm not brave enough to go that high on a ladder and as much as it might be fun to...
7
7

File against spindle of pillar drill motor
Hi. I need to take a mm or so off the spindle of my old Meddings pillar dri ll motor so that I can fit a piece of tubular steel over it, as an adaptor for a new pulley wheel. My first thought is to...
14
14

O Ring Materials - Shower
I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body. A kit will cost about ?18 and contain things for later models that I can't even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of...
4
4

MOT1 constituents
Regarding MOT1, crusher run, roadstone, whatever you call it, is the balanc e of large bits and fines controlled? I have spread out what was left of an old bag, and there are lots of large bits and...
7
7

Lead in tap water
Can anyone recommend a kit for testing the lead level in water taken from the public water supply? Or is there a simple DIY way of measuring this? There was a scare story about lead where I live (Dun...
5
5

led floodlight
Black insulating tape on the glass is a good way of confining the beam. Bill
51
51

Thank God I don't run windows..
"Microsoft?s first update to Windows 10 is bricking some users? PCs." "Those suffering from the latest problem reported that the Windows 10 infinite crash loop was stopped by removing security...
16
16

Sharpening tools.... have I been doing it wrong?
No but with a file the teeth catch on the sharp edge and blunten it, slightly different with fine abrasives.
1
1

Recommendation for headphones
I've been using a pair of iT7 ( ) bluetooth headphones for some time now. Very comfortable and their folding action makes them very convenient. The audio is excellent also. Unfortunately I managed to...

USB Socket on Laptop
I worry about using the socket for charging in case the lead develops a short. What would happen if I did plug in a shorted lead or a faulty device to the 5v USB supply? Is there any protection?
15
15

Sewing machine problem
OK chaps and honourary chaps, here's a question about DIY sewing. SWMBO is trying to sew buttonholes using a buttonhole attachment on a Singer Talent sewing maching. The thing goes through the process...
4
4

fences & planning permission
Hi, I have a row of 20 leylandii trees at the front of my property. They are 8ft high. At one time they used to be 30ft high. I wish to chop all 20 trees down and replace with a 6ft high fence. the...
20
20

Entry-level SDS buying query
Old hammer drill has been struggling with some (DIY) brick drilling recently so need to get a corded (240v) SDS type for less than £100. Hitachi seem to get good reviews and the DH24PX/J2 2kg is...
21
21

Extension options etc Q3 (water mains)
And finally.... Ideally want to replace street to house with 32mm blue as suggested previously by folks here so... I've trenched out for a new water main to the opposite side of the house and can chop...