Subject Author Posted Replies

So that fixed it then?
Seen at a house next to where I am working. Dunno what the problem was but it does not look like a good solution. Probably DIY by the Chinese owner at a guess....
9
9

Heavy boxes
What is it with putting warnings on boxes to say they're heavy? You'll find out when you try to lift it! If you've got a bad back you just wouldn't. You can feel the weight as you grab it ffs.
57
57

smoke detector not triggering electromagnetic catch
We have three dors with electromagnetic catches linked to our smoke detecto rs. Origially they were all made by Menvier. One failed druing the building works and the electrician replaced it with a...

OT: Is this common? Wireless phone chargers.
Do lots of phones/devices use this now? It would certainly solve the problem of wearing out the socket. I don't know why it hasn't been around longer, I had an electric toothbrush that did this TWENTY...
27
27

Wiring regs?
My son is doing some cabling prior to a qualified sparky (who he cant contact today) hooking it all up. He needs to know if an extractor fan can be fed from a spur to a socket. Can any of you give a...
16
16

OT: Amazon suggests....
"Hello, has new recommendations for you based on items you purchased or told us you own. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Zebra GK42-202520-000 - GK420d rev2, USB, RS232, LPT - 203dpi, EPL,...
5
5

How to measure the total area of a house
We have discussed houses, moving etc. in many interesting threads, and we (self and wife) continue to browse Rightmove without any particular plans in mind. One thing we noticed is that more agents...
8
8

Firefox
Just recently, Firefox on both of my PCs has got slow and clunky. Even on Ebay. Any particular reasons for this?
14
14

drain pipe and guutering
Hello, I have brown drain pipe and guttering but it has become very bleached by the sun. One joint is also leaking. I'm not brave enough to go that high on a ladder and as much as it might be fun to...
7
7

File against spindle of pillar drill motor
Hi. I need to take a mm or so off the spindle of my old Meddings pillar dri ll motor so that I can fit a piece of tubular steel over it, as an adaptor for a new pulley wheel. My first thought is to...
14
14

O Ring Materials - Shower
I need 2 O Rings that seal between the shower cartridge and the brass body. A kit will cost about ?18 and contain things for later models that I can't even make use of. Hoping to buy a couple of...
4
4

MOT1 constituents
Regarding MOT1, crusher run, roadstone, whatever you call it, is the balanc e of large bits and fines controlled? I have spread out what was left of an old bag, and there are lots of large bits and...
7
7

Lead in tap water
Can anyone recommend a kit for testing the lead level in water taken from the public water supply? Or is there a simple DIY way of measuring this? There was a scare story about lead where I live (Dun...
5
5

led floodlight
Black insulating tape on the glass is a good way of confining the beam. Bill
51
51

Thank God I don't run windows..
"Microsoft?s first update to Windows 10 is bricking some users? PCs." "Those suffering from the latest problem reported that the Windows 10 infinite crash loop was stopped by removing security...
16
16