Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for tips on painting skirting boards.
I'm getting a tad to old to relish crawling around on the floor. Heck, even getting half way down there is getting to be a pain!! So I'm looking for ways to make skirting board painting as quick easy...
25
25

Bath chip repair - recommended stuff?
Hi Anyone got any recommendations that they've actually used? Just noticed a couple of small (rice grain sized) deep chips. Not critical but noticeable and tending to accumulate grime. They're on the...

OT: Identifying plants
This time of year, it's not unusual for me to look at something in the garden (especially having moved house not too long ago) and think "I wonder what that is?'. I was trying to find an online source...
15
15

Betty Bomber ..
On her way to GM ......They wouldn't bomb the Waverly tonight would they ? ...

CCTV and Android
Does anyone know how an Android phone can manage to display live camera footage when it doesn't have activeX, which is necessary to view it on a Laptop in IE? Firefox wont display it. The phone...
18
18

best paint sprayer
Hi all, We have a number of internal doors to paint and also I am building some out door furniture which need staining. It would be far quicker to spray them r ather than using a brush and I was...
3
3

OT; New handyvan!
Photobucket Photobucket
19
19

endoscope, borescope type cameras
Hello, I did buy a usb camera from ebay so that I could look under floorboards etc. but I don't know what I have done with it and besides, my laptop is broken at the moment (battery dead and the power...
6
6

re securing screw and wall plugs
A run of 2.5mm2 swa cable and clips that supply a workshop have somehow got pulled out of the brickwork, rather than replace the wall plugs would just pushing the screws in to the old holes filled...
7
7

Does sheathed wire fulfil the 'separation' requirement?
For the 50mm (or 2") separation or physical barrier requirement of the wiring regulations does sheathed cable (i.e. T&E or sheathed mains flex) fulfil the requirement?
8
8

cordless vacuum cleaners query
A stupid question perhaps. My wife is taken with the cordless vacuum cleaners, to me the problem seems to be charging them. Does the whole cleaner need to be plugged into the mains or are the...
47
47

OT: Vulcan!
Finally managed to see it today and I only had to walk a few hundred yards from my front door. Bloody impressive - my first view was it passing the end of the street and just blotting out the sky. And...
34
34

OT: Font size in TB
I think I've clicked the wrong thing! When reading a NG message the font is so small I can hardly read it. when I hit 'follow up' to reply to one, the font size is huge! How does one change this>
18
18

Advice on elec wiring
Linked to diagram below,hope you can make sense of per my previous post I reckon I will have to cut some holes in the ceiing but any guidance would help in trying to work out where best to cut. A,B,C...

Pond glue
Son has had a number of contractors to look at refurbishing his garden pond. Loads of people didn't turn up and ones who did have either never returned or provided estimates but now don't answer their...
9
9