Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Machines

DIY indecision
So I have two lines on the brick in front of me. Top line is the datum for the patio finished level. Bottom line is 30mm down line for the drainage lo w point. I am putting in a bottle gully which has...
1
1

Broken Rodding Point (2nd attempt)
Whilst re-laying some paving flags today, I removed the root of an old Berb eris which was in the way to find this buried in soil and gravel. The broke n stub of pipe is a rodding point which was all...
9
9

Broken rodding point
I was re-laying some paving flags today and was removing a root of a Berber is to discover under the root work and a pile of soil and gravel this The broken stub of pipe sticking up should have been a...

OT Government FIT data
For those interested, I came across these data on installed schemes qualifying for FIT payments* to the end of March 2015: Or The summary sheet shows nearly 600,000 PV installations with a combined...

OT Model railway.
An absolutely unbelievable exhibition in Hamburg Miniatur Wunderland *** official video *** largest model railway / railroad of the world - YouTube The official video about Miniatur Wunderland...
7
7

How to check cable
Was at a mates and he has an outdoor ornamental lamp post, when it is switched on the bulb lights for a few seconds and then goes out by tripping the RDC at the main board. We checked the lightbulb...
18
18

OT; TB
Trying to get to the account settings menu. Click 'tools' then 'account settings' and the menu appears, but I can't see the top third of it!!! IOW the menu is bigger than my screen!!! Any ideas? W10.
20
20

Neff Gas Hob
Problem with a Neff gas hob here at handyman towers One burner designed for a wok wont light. All others fine. The electronic ignition seems to work OK, the hob won't light properly from a match...
16
16

pop up when using Google
I have not used any strange web sites. However, since researching Warsaw i n Poland, I have been bombarded with pop ups. First one Felicitations! tu es choisi au hazard pour gagne le iPhone. This...
7
7

tube straightening
I need to get a 1" diameter aluminium tube straightened, it's the inner section of a telescopic pole saw. I see lots of devices advertised but they are either for small bore pipes or scaffold tubes....
3
3

Electrostatic dust collectors
Do they work?
2
2

OT Bit of humour
Sir Reginald's Marvellous Organ In which Sir Reginald Pikedevant, Esquire, extols the virtues of his Organ.
5
5

Uneven concrete floor with bitumen under floorboards
As per the title, a friend has a bungalow with solid floors, and these appear to be uneven with an uneven layer of bitumen on top. Floorboards laid on the bitumen (bitumen stuck to the underneath)....
10
10

Handheld sander velcro problem
I've got one of those electric sanders that you put three-inch triangular pads onto. Except the velcro on the sander no longer grips them. What's the solution?
6
6