Subject Author Posted Replies

Conservatory fans/lights
We are getting a new conservatory and SWMBO is looking at the fan/light combos. Seems there are cheaper ones at ~ £50 or more expensive like Fantasia ones at ~ £200. Anyone know of any particular...
5
5

OT......Skype is down since 4.30. am this morning *globally*(apparently?
Makes one wonder if it is the 'IS' terrorists sabataging it.
38
38

Match of the day.
Was watching BBC1 HD on Saturday, and the trail for MOTD before the news was mute. As was the prog itself. But OK on BBC 1 SD. Then last night there was a trail for some footie or other and that was...
5
5

Vertical radiator hung horizontally
I am looking to hang a vertical radiator horizontally as I have limited space, the radiator style I would like to use is an oval tube style designer radiator, so I would like some idea on the issues I...
16
16

OT Most of shadow cabinet turn out for Sinn Fein dinner
Stars and MPs turn out for first-ever Sinn Féin London Dinner | An Phoblacht
1
1

Propane for brazing/etc.
Gosh, harry is wrong about something ;-) It actually has a lower gross calorific value than propane. The advantage of acetylene is that it releases a higher proportion of it in its primary flame,...
7
7

Changing propane cylinders
Regulars may remember the conversations we had earlier this year regarding the installation of a used Rangemaster cooker, which went well, with a gas man running a copper pipe from the kitchen,...
61
61

Non standard construction
I'm think about having a look at a house of non standard construction, it's not any of the non standard types I know... anyone know what it is, and what problems it might cause me, I'm fairly sure...
24
24

Securing TV bracket bolts though cheese
It's a 30kg television that I'm at pains to mount properly with 10mm anchor bolts into a solid brick wall, except there is 40mm Kingspan foam insulation and finished plasterboard sandwiched between....
15
15

making a photography darkroom
Eldest daughter (14) is very much getting into photography. Digital of course, but she likes the idea of having a play with film. Someone on the local Freecycle was offering a load of darkroom gear,...
202
202

Electrical LED driver query
Hi, I have just replaced eight halogen lights in my kitchen with Philips 8W Dimmable LED units 8718696492307. They are working pretty well with the old halogen transformers but I would like to use a...
9
9

Screwfix Live 2015, 25-27 September, Farnborough
Screwfix Live 2015, 25-27 September, Farnborough. I went a few years ago, and it was very good. UK’s Largest DIY & Tradeshow. Product demonstrations, offers & deals throughout from the UK's leading...

Bath waste questions
Hoping I can get some quick advice on a Saturday afternoon, as I'm mid install and we have no means of washing if I dont get done. I'm installing a new freestanding acrylic bath and currently trying...
3
3

Yale wireless burglar alarm kit at Aldi
Aldi are shortly doing a Yale wireless Burglar alarm kit for £79. Not that we have anything worth pinching and a fifteen year old car out front, but there have been a lot of burglaries in our area...
10
10

OT: House clearance
Not DIY in the conventional sense, but the wealth of experience here may be of help to me. A close relative is very near to death and I will have the job of disposing of their effects when they've...
21
21