Subject Author Posted Replies

Flat roof repair
This is a flat roof of a house extension ~ 23sqm Roofer is quoting to re-felt (boards are ok) but I'm wondering about these newer materials such as the Firestone Rubber Roofing Membrane or others. Any...
8
8

Dodgy diesel-heads to the bridge please
There have been lots of articles on the fact that a gadget has been installed that cheats exhaust emissions when detecting if the vehicle is on a rolling road. So the questions are :- how does it...
28
28

Are Yahoo groups delaying Gmail post?
Hi all, I am using a Desktop computer using Win 10. Using my Gmail address to post to a Yahoo group, message shows in the group post list, at the Yahoo group page, other members get it and if they...
3
3

OT: Screwfix carrier bag
Just popped to Screwfix to pick up my online order. The order had kindly been picked and bagged up. I was halfway out of the door before the guy realised he had to charge me for the bag. He insisted I...
106
106

Light fitting - same one blown twice now
LED type light fitting from Argos. Seems to be transformer inside. Blown tw ice now on same wiring. I'm thinking there is an issue with the wiring some where. Its got 8 bulbs on. 4 had gone so I...
10
10

OTish: Curtains
Quite an impressive building: I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in buildings like this? James Stewart’s calculus text books made him very rich. He spent his fortune...
10
10

Should washing machine hoses be replaced every ten years?
I was contemplating what the results would be if one or both hoses failed while I was away. They ~look~ okay, but I can only see a part of them. The rest is behind the w/m. MM
24
24

Immersion heater bending shelf!
Next job is to replace the "shelf" that is about to fail to support this immersion heater. I've drained the water (Mm) - any ideas as to how to remove the chipboard shelf without removing the tank?...
23
23

OT carrier bag charge
OK, where can I buy carrier bags for less than 5 pence ? Our free supply of kitchen bin bags has ended ! Simon.
138
138

Very small light bulb for old gas street lamp
This article has persuaded me that i don't need a large globe, i need three very small ones to emulate the original look and feel of when they were in use originally - So, now looking for three small...
6
6

Recycling / binning old motherboards
I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs CPUs etc removed. They are junk to all intents and purposes. What is the best way of getting rid of them?
47
47

Cost of burying 11KV cable ?
A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost? Rob
4
4

OT How to clean the inside of your monitor
Mine is now very clean indeed.
4
4

Lidl LED floodlights.
Bought a pair of these to replace the rather rusty old halogen ones that give a working light to the back of the house when needed. They say 30 watt and claim approx 2000 lm so at 25 quid somewhat of...
2
2

Angle Grinder Question?
Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier. Having lef t a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a job removing it t o replace with a diamond saw and resorted to...
5
5