Subject Author Posted Replies

Russian safety
I like this. No fencing round the substation, how it should be. Google Maps
14
14

Electrical: replace wired fuse CU with mcb's - mandatory?
Just been talking to electrical contractors about CU work at a small flat. It has an 8 way and a (4 way CU for Econ 7). The condition of the wireing is good and the installation looks to have been...
7
7

OT; 3D pen

Breaking open a toungue and groove overlay floor for underfloor access
My worst nughtmare has come true. I have a leak in a cold water pipe which is under the floor of the loft room. Assuming i get the leak location right, I will have to rip open the ceiling below the...
20
20

Church electrics.
My brother is on the buildings committee of his local church. Like many it's suffering from an aging and therefore reducing congregation. To try and supplement the churches income, most of it - halls...
22
22

Re-fitting patio door sidelights
The final job on the house window/door refinish is the softwood patio door with two sidelights. I have replaced the rotted hardwood sill, trimmed and treated some rot where the uprights were mortised....
1
1

do odours rise or fall
Given that town gas is lighter than air so rises and propane is heavier than air so falls how does a bad odour perform ? Rise or fall or just permeate ?
14
14

Latest super clean eco VW pix.
http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/volkswagen-logo-steam-engine-train-massive-smoke.jpg
2
2

Baxi RF room thermostat eating up batteries .....
Hi folks, I would appreciate some help with a heating problem I have! Over the past year I've had to change the batteries on my Baxi RF room ther mostat with increasing frequency. At first I assumed...
7
7

Moving location of extractor fan exit
Current situation: Extractor fan in main bathroom after a shower leaves the room steamy and with condensation on the walls, in reality its useless. The fan is located in the ceiling above the...
6
6

Matching AC mains adapter to motor?
Asking for a non-internet compliant acquaintance of my mum... The friend's apparently bought an electrically powered recliner chair, but missing its PSU. Not sure where from, but the vendor has...
5
5

Powercut in Waitrose
Was in Waitrose yesterday, queueing for the self-service checkouts, when the power went off - lights (most) and all the chiller/freezer cabinets all stopped. Only for a few seconds, but long enough to...
8
8

Air lock in central heating return?
I am trying to be a friendly neighbour by trouble-shooting someone's vented heating system. This system has operated fine for many years. The problem: The boiler cuts-out after a few minutes after...
25
25

What size of tile chisel for sds+ drill
I will shortly be removing wall & floor tiles in shower room so going to get a tile chisel for removing them, I note there are various sizes of blade width, is wider better or is there an optimum...

Apollo oil tank level gauge, move receiver?
My new oil tank (1100 litre Harlequin ITE) is fitted with an Apollo wireless level gauge. According to the instruction sheet which the installer gave me after setting it all up, the receiver should...
18
18