Subject Author Posted Replies

Smart meters
So what's going on with these? Why are we getting 50 million meters in half as many households? That's illogical. How come my neighbour just got their old spinning disk meter replaced with a basic...
19
19

Vaguely OT: SIngle-mixer taps
Noticed in an episode of "Mad Men" - set in the mid 1960s, that an apartment had a single-lever mixer tap, which presumably uses ceramic 1/4 turn valves. Were such beasts available in the US in the...

OT Came across this. (Monkey trial in USA).
Unbelievable how dopey Yanks are.

levelling a stone shower tray?
I am just asking before I take out the old one (plastic) and replace with a stone tray. The floor should be wooden floor boards not chipboard But like most DIY in this house nothing is ever...
4
4

Permissible inconvenience while council upgrades bathroom
The local council have approved a grant to upgrade my mother's bathroom. She is infirm and needs to have her bath replaced by a walk-in shower. She owns the house. I have been told she will have a...
17
17

Ceramic cartridge replacement
Bloody ceramic cartridge tap started leaking at 5 this afternoon, just after the shops have shut. I took the cartridge out to have a look, and it leaked even more (after reinserting it). What...
20
20

OT One Vulcan still flying!
If you enjoy our videos and would like to support us please consider making a donation toward the improvement of our content at the link below. Thanks ! http://www.patreon.com/EssentialRC News,...
32
32

Facemask
I stopped a spraying job today as the mist was getting in my face .... realised I need to buy a mask. Whenever I have bought disposables .. not been too impressed with them. Are the 'newer' breed of...
6
6

Need New Shower Head
Hi all, I've just put in a new shower cubicle which looks rather splendid I must say, but the trouble is it makes the existing shower head, hose & bracket look like utter shite, even though it's a...
2
2

LED Under Cupboard Lights
My daughter has a house that has IKEA lights under her kitchen cupboards. They take 12volt 20 watt G4 bulbs. Could I directly replace the fittings with LED fittings?
16
16

Main stop-tap leaking
It seems the stem seals have gone in the main stop tap in my house, which is located under the kitchen sink. Its not leaking much, but am getting the occasional drip, which is causing a minor...
16
16

B&Q Trade account, SMS, and their advertising
I was looking to get a B&Q Trade account set up (for which I meet the requirements) but the quid pro quo is that they want ways to 'inform me of special offers' etc. I don't mind them having my email...
19
19

Re: Hey :-)
RayL12 wrote:
2
2

C4 wing ripped almost right off
So I swung into the drive at my BiL's house, and clipped the hedge with the left front wing just a smidge. And the bastard hedge grabbed it and nearly ripped it right off. I think it was a small...
18
18

MS Word 2003 - Totally OT ...
In message , Arfa Daily writes Table/Convert/Text to table? I did select sample text first, but maybe it works without that.
4
4