Subject Author Posted Replies

How to loosen nut to shower ?
In the image below which way should I turn this nut to loosen, it is the water inlet to an electric shower. It is heck of a tight and I dont want to force it if going in the wrong direction. Up or...
24
24

philips led bulbs
Hello, Toolstation sell two Philips LED light bulbs, both described as shape A. The power consumption and lumens output seem identical, as does the life of the bulb. The only difference I could find...
1
1

no women allowed!
It's my considered opinion that women should be banned from Toolstation and Screwfix branches, thus reducing the waiting time by half. My plumber agrees
32
32

OT Paris
The most basic, primitive honor a nation owes to its dead is to fight to defend itself—to defeat the enemy and win. And yet the West won’t.

Dificualty reading Bathroom Scales display.
As a 70 year old wearing glasses I struggle to read the slightly magnified display and stand in a position to get a true weight. I have been looking to see if any scales were available that I could...
18
18

draught proofing at skirting.
Sort of. I am refurbishing shower room and have stripped the wall of tiles/plaster board. At this stage before I redo the plasterboard at the point where the stud partitions meet the floor there is a...
1
1

Quiet, cetrifugal extractor fan recommendations
I think an extractor fan with a humidistat is called for in my daughter's flat. It's going to have to go in the kitchen/dining room so needs to be quiet. There's a limit on maximum width of about...
3
3

Pewer supply for LEDs
Excuse a question from a LED novice. I have a couple of light fittings with 4 12v spotlight bulbs (12v 20 watt) - the sort that slide and swivell along bare metal bars.. I realise that if I reduce the...
18
18

electrical: orientation of Henley block
Is is ok (regs wise) to mount a Henley block upside down, or sidways on? ie So the cables can emerge in different directions. I have some 25mm^2 tails to change and it would be much easier if I could...
1
1

Storage Heater 24hr Supply
OK so half dead storage heater is going to be replaced, nice though heatpumps are that ain't going to happen anytime soon. May as well try and have something that might save a bit of energy and be...
4
4

Fixing roller blind to uPVC door
I'm sure I've seen this asked and answered here here before but can't find the answer. I want to attach a roller blind to a glazed uPVC door and am uncomfortable about screwing the small metal...
9
9

Screws for plasterboard
Just to confirm these be ok: 9.5 ceiling, to use 3.5 x 32 mm screws. 12.5 walls, to use 3.5 x 38 mm screws. To stick 2 x 12 inch strips of batten to plasterboard using toolstation `sticks like`, would...
4
4

wireless freezer alarm
Can anyone recommend a wireless freezer alarm? The freezers are in a shed so I'm envisaging something with a sensor on a short wire to reach into the freezer, the gubbins (battery and transmitter) to...
1
1

Ground level & damp question
My daughter's flat has a damp problem at the back in one bedroom. I'm sure that the problem stems from the ground level being higher than the floor level at the back of the house. Here is the area...
41
41

OT Futuristic train video
I think tuis thing would come unstuck in strong winds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cv0qpylItM...