Subject Author Posted Replies

OTish WEb problem accessing page
I can access the MCOL (Money Claim On-line) website - but when I click on log-in it goes to the Government Gateway and then times out. When I go straight to the Government Gateway website: It again...
5
5

OT - who lives in Kent?
The Romans are returning, Mr Streeter!!! Opps, no it's the Frogs. Taittinger will become the first French champagne company to produce bubbly in the UK after buying farmland in Kent. The company has...
5
5

OT If you're into machine guns.
New super accurate almost recoiless MG. ItemFix - Social Video Factory
30
30

OT: Hybrid bus
The bus route I use most often - ie not often - here has just got new hybrid buses. Not the Boris bus. Was on one tonight - well after rush hour so it moved along, rather than crawling in traffic. I...
6
6

OT: (Windows) software for APC UPS?
I've got an old APC UPS (APC Back-UPS Pro 420, Model: BP420SI) with a serial cable connection. It came with Powerchute Plus for Windows to do all the logging and admin. The machine the UPS protects is...
7
7

should I skim this wall ?
See attached image. The gap is about a foot long and 1cm at its widest. Should I level off just now (I have some one coat) before tiling or take up the difference with the tile adhesive? The wood is...
2
2

Re: Gas ch & oven Agas....
jim scribbled It may need a service. When was it checked over last?
1
1

Oddest ways to kill someone, number 4782
Dear Alice, My girlfriend and I have oral sex. I heard that if you blow in the vagina of a female that it could kill her. Is that true?
6
6

G9 LED: heat a problem?
I have a new ceiling light to install. It comes with 28W (the maximum rating of the fitting), 370 lumens, G9 lamps but I would prefer to use LEDs that are at least as bright. As the LEDs will be 5W or...
9
9

Sliding cupboard doors/kitchen door ideas
1) The new house we have has a cupboard/wardrobe, about 3m long which has used ply or similar on plastic runners for sliding doors. Needless to say "sliding" is a bit of a euphanism. I could of course...
9
9

OT Chinese Hell March video
I wonder how much practice it takes to be this good? Music 1) Red Alert 3 - Hell March (madboyfull Remix) Music 2) Noir - My MTV - Dj Ramirez (Remix)

Sodium Light Bulbs
Hello I have an outdoor sodium floodlight that has stopped working (completely). The bulb is marked as a "SONE I 70W", which I /guess/ is one of these: However I'm not sure whether I need one with an...
3
3

hire or buy breaker?
Hello, I am about to chisel up the concrete path and steps so that I can replace my lead water pipe with a plastic one. Not having dug up a lot of concrete before and not knowing how deep they have...
11
11

OT: Traffic report apps
Does anyone have recommendations for a traffic app? I need one for my iPad and one for my Android (Samsung) phone. I'm just feeling my way into using this 'ere Smartphone for things like assisting...
20
20

Source for decent abrasive paper?
I need to make a new large sanding board so want to get some decent 80 grit paper that isn't going to clog or give-up after 5 minutes. Has anyone any suggestions for brands, or suppliers with a...
2
2