Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Chinese Hell March video
I wonder how much practice it takes to be this good? Music 1) Red Alert 3 - Hell March (madboyfull Remix) Music 2) Noir - My MTV - Dj Ramirez (Remix)

Sodium Light Bulbs
Hello I have an outdoor sodium floodlight that has stopped working (completely). The bulb is marked as a "SONE I 70W", which I /guess/ is one of these: However I'm not sure whether I need one with an...
3
3

hire or buy breaker?
Hello, I am about to chisel up the concrete path and steps so that I can replace my lead water pipe with a plastic one. Not having dug up a lot of concrete before and not knowing how deep they have...
11
11

OT: Traffic report apps
Does anyone have recommendations for a traffic app? I need one for my iPad and one for my Android (Samsung) phone. I'm just feeling my way into using this 'ere Smartphone for things like assisting...
20
20

Source for decent abrasive paper?
I need to make a new large sanding board so want to get some decent 80 grit paper that isn't going to clog or give-up after 5 minutes. Has anyone any suggestions for brands, or suppliers with a...
2
2

screwfix lap lighting
Hello, While flicking through the channels on the tv last night, I saw an advert for Screwfix, that talked about L.A.P. products. Is LAP a Screwfix own-brand or is it a brand it its own right? I see...
28
28

MK Grid Switches
OK when did MK redesign their grid switches? I have some old style (fix to frame with screw) switches and frames I could reuse provided a modern 3 gang front plate has all the holes in the right...
10
10

OT Conjuring Tricks
A young person of about 12, a distant sort-of relation, seems to be fascinated by card tricks. Does anyone here (obvious reference to Mr Medway!) know of any books, or videos, which would be...
28
28

Leaking Garage
My garage roof leaks like a sieve, it is made from asbestos/ cement corruga ted panels and leaks through several of the nail fixing holes. As the garag e is to be replaced I need a temporary cheap fix...
9
9

OT - Santa's sleigh in space on Xmas Eve
Something for the kids, if the sky is clear. I've not heard of this before The International Space Station orbits the Earth 15 times a day, but you'll only spot it occasionally, including on Christmas...
22
22

PC and monitor standby power?
A neighbour has a new-this-year UK-assembled generic Windows 7 PC, and a decade-old flat-screen non-CRT Philips monitor from Denmark. Nocturnally, these are turned off by closing Windows and by...
23
23

OT CO2 emissions due to decline
"Global emissions of carbon dioxide are likely to stall and even decline slightly this year, new data suggests. Researchers say it is the first time this has happened while the global economy has...
2
2

Lidl: angle grinder!
For those who have yet to acquire their first angle grinder, and for those who might need a spare, Lidl have them at £19.99. Other tools also available.
1
1

OT Hilarious.
Mablethorpe Airfield
6
6

Converting a bath to a walk in shower(UK)
Hi all, I live in a 1880s Housing Association purpose built ground floor one bedroom flat, with a self contained bathroom and kitchen, it is a good flat I feel lucky to have as a 70s single male. The...
19
19