Subject Author Posted Replies

To the Natural Philosopher
Your recent long post on 'The truth about the holocaust' has finally made me address you personally. Your analytical skills and clarity of thought convince me that you must be highly educated...
2
2

Drill batteries a ripoff
Hmmmm.... I need a new battery for my drill. Battery of correct type =3D =A326 New drill of same spec with battery and charger =3D =A327 Battery of wrong type, but same voltage and amperage =3D...

"Genuine" lithium ion batteries?
I'm finding it rather difficult to buy real Lithium Ion batteries (like 18650s) online. By real I mean something like Panasonic etc. I've had Chinese unbadged ones before and they've held 1Ah instead...
26
26

OT Civi;l Servants
For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance. What a waste of space they are. After loads of questions they told me to...
29
29

Interior design advice for new home owner
Hi, My name is Matt, I bought a new house in Norwich with my partner in 2014 an d we've had great fun renovating and decorating it. When our home was an em pty shell we spent a long time scrolling...
8
8

My Lite-On internal DVD writer no longer reads or writes, new internal (SATA) or external (USB) drive? What is preferred?
Amazing! These modern computers are clever! And there's me, religiously, for years, re-connecting the sound cable after every hardware upgrade. MM
24
24

Material for kitchen sliding doors
Hi all, I am going to have a wall of kitchen cupboards built and have 2.2m floor to ceiling sliding doors with recessed handles on the front. What material sh ould I have the panels made from? MDF...
3
3

What use is sugar soap?
I asked this before, but some time ago because my news server doesn't have the thread. I've forgotten what people's comments were. Sugar soap is sold as "the perfect preparation for painting ......
21
21

Time for DIY
I'm surprised that some of you have time to DIY judging by the number of posts to this group many of you make.
22
22

iPhone help needed
Do we have any iPhone experts among us that can help me out? I have just upgraded to a 6s and iTunes refuses to transfer my ring tones from the old 5s. They transferred perfectly from the 4s to the 5s...
6
6

Restore small tarmac area?
Our drive is mostly paving slabs, but there is a small tarmacked are at the end near the road that is looking rather tired, although there are no actu al holes. It's too small, I think, to expect a...
26
26

Circuit debugging
After an unrelated problem with my hot water, I spotted that the immersion heaters in my pressurised hot water cylinder have no voltage going to them. I'm guessing that explains why the hot water...
20
20

Names for parts of a house
Hi Does anyone have a link to a website that lists all the little parts of a house and the materials used in its construction? e.g. I don't know the difference between beams, rafters, joists, gables,...
29
29

Replacement drawer liner
Hi, I have a spare one of these which I intend to use to replace a plastic drawer liner that has disintegra ted after 20 years of service. Can any advise me: What material should I use for the base...
5
5

toilet waste pipe question
In the image link the current waste appears to be messy, it uses a flexi pipe bent round to 90% and then to the soil stack. The inset shows what I think would be better which is a solid 90% bend and...
9
9