Subject Author Posted Replies

battery use by dates
Hello, I bought a few strips of LR44 button cells because I noticed a lot of the children's toys seem to use them now. Today I found a strip that I had lost, only it says use by January 2015. I will...
23
23

Spray-painting MDF: DIY/commercial
Hello, Am contemplating getting bathroom cabinets made out of MDF. Finish is important. I have read about sealing and priming MDF, and was wondering about spray-paint for the final coat (gloss white...
4
4

It isn't just Nest.
I gather problems with remote programing are also occurring with the Emerson Sensi product range.
2
2

Intumescent strips
Been asked to replace the intumescent strips on some fire doors in a building I manage, The strips are fixed into an approx 8mm wide groove in either the door or the frame. Two problems. One is how to...
3
3

High end random orbit sanders
As regular readers may know I dabble in a bit of wood work from time to time. I was toying with updating my RO sander (currently a "Green" Bosch PEX 400). The key requirements are something that can...
2
2

Back-to-wall toilets and concealed cisterns
Dear All, I am contemplating installing new bathroom vanity unit and an adjacent conc ealed WC unit in the bathroom. I would like a granite worktop to go over th e two units. The commercial WC units...
10
10

Cad type drawing
Hi, I am looking for drawing/CAD software, preferably free but willing to pay if it does the job which I can pass on. I have been asked to upgrade 20 year old machines electrical panels, I have the...
7
7

What's it called?
Some sort of casement fastener, but can't see anything like it on offer TIA http://i65.tinypic.com/2002ogk.jpg/IMG
2
2

Tilt & turn windows
I have 2 wooden turn/tilt windows upstairs in toilet and bedroom. I also ha ve patio doors opening onto balcony in another room. Do I have to replace t he windows with similar types or will ordinary...

How do driving instructors make money?
I see driving instructors advertising silly cheap costs which amount to = =A310 for an hour's lesson. How on earth can this pay for fuel, wear an= d tear on the car, and make any profit whatsoever? --...
60
60

Conservatory woes
We had a new conservatory built last year, *finally* finished just before Xmas. It leaks. It's built into an inside corner (SE facing) of the house, replacing an old not-airtight lean-to conservatory...
3
3

Ping TNP: Gridwatch down
Looks like a routing issue. [me@linuxbox ~]$ traceroute traceroute to (185.113.128.151), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets 1 (192.168.1.1) 0.924 ms 1.322 ms 1.824 ms 2 (195.166.130.206) 26.222 ms 26.643 ms...
6
6

Fuse size
Any tables around for selecting fuse sizes? Specifically, on the mains side of a 30vA 15v toroidal transformer. Presumably anti-surge, but any other fiddle factor required?
19
19

Keep NewsGroups Alive
Keep NewsGroups Alive and Active
40
40

Electric shower - repair or replace?
We have a Triton T80xr 10.5kW shower that's about 4 years old maybe. It's used twice daily and has performed brilliantly up to now but one of the heating elements has blown so either a new heater can...
59
59