Subject Author Posted Replies

Glass shelves
Need some toughened glass shelves made to order. Happy to collect in the London area. Any recommendations as to the best value supplier? Using an online calculator from one place suggests a price of...
10
10

Garden Light rubbish construction
I bought some c globetype lights recently to replace some I use as 'runway lights' down the side of my garden path. Talk about rubbish. These have push in bulbs, the socket is connected to the wire by...
2
2

Frothy Taps
You know when airports and motorway cafes refurbish their loos, the trend is to install those nice foamy taps. I need to replace the mixer tap in the kitchen but what's the technology behind the...
8
8

OT Petrol/diesel prices
Paid 97.7p a litre for diesel today which was 2p cheaper than the petrol. I cannot remember the last time I paid that little. Is this this the cheapest going? Richard
51
51

OT Buying memory cards
Need a memory card for the digital camera. I understand so far that i need a *class 10* speed for a camera. I get the impression that people think that Sandisk although the most expensive are the most...
19
19

Spectacle lens cleaner
My pocket-sized bottle of spectacle lens cleaner has run out. Would it be OK to refill it with ordinary (e.g. Sainsbury's) window and glass cleaner? Cheapskate? Me?
28
28

OT ish Micro USB thingys?
Am I right in thinking that the small plugs used to charge smartphones are called Micro USB type A & B? Whatever they are called, why are they so bloody useless? I have a genuine Samsung lead to...
50
50

CERN engineers have to identify and remove 9k old cables
Thought this made a nice counterpoint to the recent threads about neat- to-the-point-of-OCD network cabling. "CERN, home to the Large Hadron Collider, has grand plans to update the world?s largest...
4
4

More O/T power station ramblings.....
This may have already been mentioned, but when threads go over 70 unread messages I usually conclude that most of the thread has descended to vulgar name calling. I could, of course, be wrong. :-)...
4
4

Worcs_Bosch HE40
Getting EA9 Fault code with the reset button (red) tripped. After reset it goes throughP1 2 3 sequence Trap code sequence starts and boiler returns to normal operation. Anyone familiar with this and...
4
4

Advice on digitising VCR tape
If you decide to get it done professionally then the easiest thing is to take it to your local BOOTS the Chemist. They have a "Movie Magic" service to digitise VHS etc and put it on a DVD or USB...

Looking for 12" plus brushed stainless sliding window stay
I need to hold a couple of large wooden frame windows open to at least 90 degrees. I am searching the Internet for screw down sliding casement stays but there aren't that many, even fewer in brushed...
3
3

Aquadisc Tap Spares
Does anyone know of a source for spares for an old Aquadisc 2341 mixer tap? I've searched the 'net but haven't found any for this model. The part number for the valve insert is 578k. Thanks for any...
1
1

Screwing into UPVC
What type of screws are the best for attaching door stays, bolts and whatnot to upvc doors and frames?
3
3

Speaker arrays
I'm thinking about building an eight speaker array for a particular project. It's quite easy to get the specifications for individual speakers but less easy for me to find out how they react to the...
79
79