Subject Author Posted Replies

Excel greys out all the options until I save
I'm suddenly having to edit an Excel sheet. I've never used Excel before. It greys out all the options until I save. Is this normal?
48
48

Blocked Gutter Downpipe
On the first floor of a house the gutter downpipe is blocked up. The first thought is to try to push a garden hose up from the bottom. The internal diameter of the pipe is 6cm. The length of the metal...
16
16

Pressure washer recommendation?
My old Kärcher has just died. Had it for many years and it doesn’t owe me anything. The power switch is broken and whilst attempting to get access to the switch I foolishly tried to separate the...
7
7

Expanding Foam applicator
When i moved, I must have lost the applicator (a screw-on tube) that controls the flow of the foam. It is a full cartridge. I cannot find a source for a replacement applicator. Can anyone help? TIA
2
2

Gas off, turn boiler off?
They are doing gas main replacement work in our street. The information prior to this suggested that the gas people would need access to check that the boiler was turned off, then access again when...
17
17

Delta T. Snake oil methinks. if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Delta T changes the properties of water to make it more efficient. Central heating systems heat up faster and stay hotter longer saving the user money. Delta T changes the properties of water to make...
4
4

OT or not? Buying a USB caddy for 2.5" drive
My laptop is on its death bed and I have to buy a new one. I have tons of data on my internal drive and I'll have to remove the drive, fit it on a caddy and then plug it into the new laptop. What...
23
23

Roof cleaning…
If you have a roof that you can walk on and need to de-moss it I’d recommend a wet’n’dry vacuum cleaner. Normally I sweep all the crap down the roof, into the gutters and on to the patio. This...

Using a diesel air heater to heat a home workshop
Has anyone used something like this a workshop heater? I'm wondering about getting a portable one and sitting it outside the garage or shed with the hot air outlet connected to a pipe to take it...
30
30

Off-peak energy discounts
I think there was a post on this recently? Anyway, just noticed this from my supplier: E.ON Next Community Thread So some of you may have seen recently in the news that National Grid will be enabling...
44
44

Solar power wiki
Looking idly at the wiki I'm not seeing much on solar panels, inverters or addition of batteries to systems. Is my searching at fault or is there scope for a new section?
31
31

Revolution design for better sanding experience
【DIAMOND SHAPE SURFACE】 - the revolutionary design increases the speed of discharge of wear debris during the sanding process. excellent anti-blocking and heat dissipation functions greatly...
1
1

Email Problem
My email (hosted by Heart Internet) has been down all day and I've been back and forth to their website checking status every half an hour or so. There's an option to receive email updates so I signed...
28
28

Part P electrical fires might be back down to the level they were at before
Give it another 6-7 years and electrical fires might be back down to the level they were at before Part P was introduced ... <> The number electrical wiring fires has increased since the government...
17
17

testing of UK-d-i-y
Thunderbird appears to have got its knockers in a twist over this newsgroup So testinbg it
7
7