Subject Author Posted Replies

9448 alarm issue
I just moved in to a property that has the 9448 alarm installed. It seems t o be working properly, arming the alarm when leaving, but when re-entering the house, I have basically no time to disarm the...
2
2

; TOT; Piggin passwords
I've used the same password for years, nobody has a hope in hell of ever guessing it. I can remember it. Recently some site insist on having numbers as well, so I've had to add one. Now the bloody...
166
166

First concrete 3d printed building?
Started with a Rep-Rap and a `model` castle and is moving forward impressively, actual machine building things rather than just renderings http://www.totalkustom.com/3d-castle-completed.html The...
2
2

Superbeam - non uniform beams
Is there a way in Superbeam to handle non uniform beams: eg a nominal 4x2" with another 4x2" bonded to the top with glue and screws for about half the length? None of this is critical, but I am...

Why would a coffee maker switch iteself off
I bought a £10 Tesco coffee machine in November, which uses an electronic on/off push button, rather than a mechanical switch. I'm the only coffee drinker here and make myself two coffees, drink one...
8
8

New consumer unit
I'm having a new CU fitted, in a different (better) location to the old one. What do I need to ensure I get in terms of certification and what do I need to ensure about the electrician?
13
13

Gas meter ventilation requirement
OUr gas meter is at high level in the pantry of our bungalow. There is an airbrick at about 4' height which introduces quite a lot of cold air and dust/dirt and SWIMBO would like to block it off....
22
22

what are N(blf) ( Force ?)
I'm looking at a table for gas struts and the column heading is 'Force in N(blf) and the row reads 270(60.7) Can someone converts this into kg. (The amount of force I require is a lift of 14kg) Would...
8
8

Trane thermostat is a hot spot for viruses on home networks
Thank fuck Windows for Toasters never got off the ground. Trane thermostat is a hot spot for viruses on home networks • The Register
8
8

How should these messy mains cables be fixed?
Why? what have they done to you. Unless there are people tramping through there yus leave them alone. Any way they are safer there than clipped under the insulation (air cooled) Just stay out of your...
38
38

OT One here for Mr Pounder (Cats)
I do ok with dangerous dogs. So far anyway! It's just life skills isn't it. NT
14
14

Shower screens on baths: up-to-date view
Dear All, Not a new topic I know, but I wondered whether there were any new opinions/products/preferences. I am installing a new (shower)bath, + new shower over it. I know that glass hinged screens...
14
14

Aldi: Craft and Hobby Specialbuys In Store 11th February
Includes a sewing machine and knitting wool. No angle grinder though.

Import duty - naive buyer
Naivety on my part but I bought some electronic hobby kit off ebay (sent from China). It arrived ok works fine etc. Now some 3 weeks later I get an invoice from the shipping Co asking for some £50...
153
153

Half size silicone sealant?
All the silicone sealant at places like Wickes comes in sizes of around 300ml. For a small job, that's far more than I need. Why don't the DIY sheds sell smaller sizes? I mean the same size tubes, so...
25
25