Subject Author Posted Replies

Games room and garage
Just so you can see how the other half live. Got to work this morning, climbed up the ladder to see this games room This is the view from below showing the garage. I love that brickwork I am sure his...
11
11

Attic floor strengthening
My attic as been floorboarded but there is a sag where a room below has been opened out leaving 2m unsupported. The joists are 3" x 2". I've just been next door and he's replaced these with 8" x 2" so...
9
9

New disabled staircase?
I could fit a second staircase to the back of my house. If so it could be disabled access from the start. But what is disabled access? How is a chair lift you sit on different than a wheelchair lift,...
32
32

OT: What part of this don't you understand?
From "Upon arrival At this car park we use barcode recognition technology. When you arrive at the entry barrier, please scan your barcode and we'll issue you a ticket." Wondering if the barcode off a...
3
3

Motorhome propane tank - safe emptying/use
I managed to "blag" a gas tank from a similar motorhome, but it turned out that they were not quite same enough. So it won't fit in my MH and a gas fitter told me that as it is more than 10 years...
16
16

3500 messages!
Just back from a week at the NEC and this list has 3587 unread messages. There is no way I can read that lot. Mike
17
17

Beko dryer problem
After transporting a little used dryer the length of the country to my daughter's new flat, we plugged it in and were rewarded with an ozoneish sort of smell and the house RCD tripping. I've no...
14
14

showerboard subsitute
Just finished installing showerboard plus, 11mm ply with a nice finish, nice and glossy and looks good, more than happy with the outcome. However is there not a cheaper easier alternative (got the...
3
3

Pound shop glue?
Pound shop, Poundland or whatever. They flog 4 tubes of epoxy resin glue for a quid. Two tubes of hardener, two tubes of resin. I've had good results with this stuff, until today. The tubes are kept...
9
9

OT Life in Calais. A resident's account.
https://deltakyklos.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/calais-situation-video-transcript/

Hotpoint Dryer Recall Update
"Your repair status Due to high demand it is currently estimated that we will be able to complete the modifications to your tumble dryer in June. We will be in contact with you in due course to...
97
97

Wylex plug-in breakers ("upgrade" for ancient fused CUs)
Spotted that CPC have these, new. Not cheap though. 8.59+vat. 6, 10, 16, 20, 32, 40A. The 10 seems a bit of an oddity.
15
15

OT(ish) - refurbing alloy wheels
My venerable vehicle has alloy wheels which have been powder coated, Redone in about 2008. A couple or three (maybe 4) years back two of them started failing - air leaking under the coating giving a...
2
2

IKEA chest of drawers
Hi I have 2 small chests of drawers which may be a previous version of the current BRIMNES line here: Can't figure out how to remove the drawers! The runners are mounted roughly halfway up the outside...
9
9

Under-counter bathroom basin fixing
Hello, I am planning a new bathroom granite worktop with oval ceramic basin mounte d beneath. One basin supplier (Clickbasin) says the way to fix the basin is to glue it to the under side of the...
1
1