Subject Author Posted Replies

"Warm roof" to help cool loft?
Extension is going on steadily but while I still have easy access to the old roof and the new roof/garage I've been deliberating for a long about wedging some insulation under the tiles (with an...

Resiply experiences?
I need to have my paths and patio re-pointed. One contractor has recommended using resiply rather than standard mortar. Has anyone first hand experience of this product please? If so what is you...

Hard wired night light
Are there such things for the UK? Specifically for a bathroom? I don't want to turn the light on when I get up for a pee. In our last house I installed a mains socket in the bathroom & plugged a...
23
23

Are these saw guides any good?
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail
6
6

Apprenticeship Pre-qualification
SWMBO asked me to clean the rear window of her car - so she could see where she was going!!!
14
14

Wiki - Extractor fan controls
Since I had a diagram spare which I had drawn for the fan I just installed, I though I might as well wiki it along with some variations for ways of wring fans in bathrooms etc. (not proof read yet, so...
10
10

Help! shower seal
Thought it would be an easy day fitting the shower enclosure only to discover the fixed panel of the enclosure, the panel that attaches to the wall is not placed correctly in the vertival trim, it...
2
2

Solar powered toy/mobile
My mother gave us a solar powered mobile when our daughter was born. Originally table/desk mounted, I slightly converted it and screwed it to the ceiling above our kitchen table (that's the DIY bit)....
9
9

What tool to cope with this large clip (auto)
Anyone know what tool is called to do/undo these type of hose clips (VW)? Have tried the usual, pliers long-nosed everything I have, circlip pliers not big enough etc. The hose is about 3" diam so...
15
15

Best tool (hire?) to put hole for fan in wall ?
Want to fit an extractor fan in the corner bedroom which has an external wall. Last but one time I needed to punch a hole in a wall, I drilled loads of smaller holes around a circle, and hit it with a...
14
14

3D printing in the real world
More information on the 3d printing video here , and here .
1
1

Drop handle springs
Are drop handle springs universal? I mean, do different makes of drop handles generally use similar springs?
10
10

Waste Pipe Sizes
I know psuhfit and solvent weld are different OD's for the same nominal size. What are the actual pipe OD's for pushfit and solvent weld? (32, 40 and 50 mm nominal)? The installed "40 mm" 1 1/2" push...
4
4

Angle grinder to the rescue
Firemen from the Spanish town of Dénia, in Alicante, enjoyed an entertaining shout last week when they were called to remove four steel rings from the base of an unfortunate chap's todger.
24
24

shower isolator switches
Hello, I am thinking of installing an electric shower as a back-up to the combi boiler. I have talked about this before but not got round to it! Can anyone tell me what are the rules regarding shower...
2
2